I am planning on going to Japan for ~3 weeks in May. Leaving Canada on the 6th and arriving in Osaka on the 7th. I have quite a bit planned out but thought I would see what some people who have been to Japan have to say.
May 6th: From Regina to Vancouver to Tokyo (overnight)
May 7th: From Tokyo to Osaka
May 8, 9,10: 3 Full days in Osaka (possible day trip, see below)
May 11th: Head to Mt. Konya and stay overnight (only for sure thing as I managed to get a reservation at a good temple)
May 12th: Depart Konyasan for Kyoto
May 13, 14, 15, 16: 4 Full days in Kyoto (although I am pretty sure I will head for Nara one of the four)
May 18th: Depart Kyoto for Tokyo
May 19, 20, 21, 22 ,23, 24, 25 ,26: 8 Full days in Tokyo (and area)
May 27th: Tokyo to Canada
I was thinking of extending my stay in Kyoto and take 2 days from Tokyo. That way I can see more while doing some day trips. I want to go to Iga Ueno so it is likely I will take a day out of tokyo and stay in Kyoto longer. I know a lot of people say Tokyo isn't too spectacular for a long stay but I did a euro trip two years ago and don't know if I want the whirlwind tour again .
Big question is if I should do a day trip for Osaka to Hiroshima. I plan on returning to Southwest Japan in the future (who knows when exactly) and am not too concerned about all the sites out that way but I do feel I should get to see Hiroshima just in case.
I am going to get a JR Pass.
I am open to suggestions
Japan Itinerary for May
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 2 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 3 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 4 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 5 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 6 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 7 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 8 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 9 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 10 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 11 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 12 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 13 Need a guide in Burma?
- 14 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 15 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 16 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 17 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 18 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 19 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea