I am planning on going to Japan for ~3 weeks in May. Leaving Canada on the 6th and arriving in Osaka on the 7th. I have quite a bit planned out but thought I would see what some people who have been to Japan have to say.
May 6th: From Regina to Vancouver to Tokyo (overnight)
May 7th: From Tokyo to Osaka
May 8, 9,10: 3 Full days in Osaka (possible day trip, see below)
May 11th: Head to Mt. Konya and stay overnight (only for sure thing as I managed to get a reservation at a good temple)
May 12th: Depart Konyasan for Kyoto
May 13, 14, 15, 16: 4 Full days in Kyoto (although I am pretty sure I will head for Nara one of the four)
May 18th: Depart Kyoto for Tokyo
May 19, 20, 21, 22 ,23, 24, 25 ,26: 8 Full days in Tokyo (and area)
May 27th: Tokyo to Canada
I was thinking of extending my stay in Kyoto and take 2 days from Tokyo. That way I can see more while doing some day trips. I want to go to Iga Ueno so it is likely I will take a day out of tokyo and stay in Kyoto longer. I know a lot of people say Tokyo isn't too spectacular for a long stay but I did a euro trip two years ago and don't know if I want the whirlwind tour again .
Big question is if I should do a day trip for Osaka to Hiroshima. I plan on returning to Southwest Japan in the future (who knows when exactly) and am not too concerned about all the sites out that way but I do feel I should get to see Hiroshima just in case.
I am going to get a JR Pass.
I am open to suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 3 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 4 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 5 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 6 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 7 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Beijing tours
- 10 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos