I'm off to Japan in a week and SUPER excited... I've bought a couple of guide books (Lonely Planet guide for Japan and Pocket Guide to Tokyo), checked out Japan Guide, Wikitravel, etc. I have a few ideas of things I definitely want to do, but I'd also like to know some of your suggestions about what you consider unmissable. The only really definite plan I have is meeting a Japanese friend the Saturday after I arrive. He's going to teach me how to make gyoza at his house and he also mentioned Harajuku and going to a karaoke bar. Otherwise, I can do anything.
FRIDAY: Arrive in Tokyo around midday
SATURDAY: Spending day with Japanese friend (meeting in Asakusa)
MONDAY: Tokyo (overnight bus to Kyoto)
FRIDAY: Shinkansen to Tokyo (probably around midday)
SATURDAY: Day trip to Hakone
MONDAY: Leave for airport
What would you do if you were going again? I am especially interested in visiting temples and shrines and any type of eating, but open to pretty much anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 2 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 3 myanmar
- 4 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Travel India solo
- 7 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 9 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 10 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 11 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 12 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 Osaka, aquarium?
- 15 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 16 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 17 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 18 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 19 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 20 North India Itinerary advice
- 21 Indonesia travel agent
- 22 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 23 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 24 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 25 Advice on Hainan Island?