I'm off to Japan in a week and SUPER excited... I've bought a couple of guide books (Lonely Planet guide for Japan and Pocket Guide to Tokyo), checked out Japan Guide, Wikitravel, etc. I have a few ideas of things I definitely want to do, but I'd also like to know some of your suggestions about what you consider unmissable. The only really definite plan I have is meeting a Japanese friend the Saturday after I arrive. He's going to teach me how to make gyoza at his house and he also mentioned Harajuku and going to a karaoke bar. Otherwise, I can do anything.
FRIDAY: Arrive in Tokyo around midday
SATURDAY: Spending day with Japanese friend (meeting in Asakusa)
MONDAY: Tokyo (overnight bus to Kyoto)
FRIDAY: Shinkansen to Tokyo (probably around midday)
SATURDAY: Day trip to Hakone
MONDAY: Leave for airport
What would you do if you were going again? I am especially interested in visiting temples and shrines and any type of eating, but open to pretty much anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand
- 2 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 3 Traffic and Police in India
- 4 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 5 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 6 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 7 New Thai Visa
- 8 New Years in Japan
- 9 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 10 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 11 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 12 3 weeks in Japan
- 13 A first time for everything in Japan
- 14 India Tour Companies
- 15 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 16 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 17 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 18 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 19 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 20 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 21 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 22 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 23 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 24 Vietnam Dong
- 25 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018