I'm off to Japan in a week and SUPER excited... I've bought a couple of guide books (Lonely Planet guide for Japan and Pocket Guide to Tokyo), checked out Japan Guide, Wikitravel, etc. I have a few ideas of things I definitely want to do, but I'd also like to know some of your suggestions about what you consider unmissable. The only really definite plan I have is meeting a Japanese friend the Saturday after I arrive. He's going to teach me how to make gyoza at his house and he also mentioned Harajuku and going to a karaoke bar. Otherwise, I can do anything.
FRIDAY: Arrive in Tokyo around midday
SATURDAY: Spending day with Japanese friend (meeting in Asakusa)
MONDAY: Tokyo (overnight bus to Kyoto)
FRIDAY: Shinkansen to Tokyo (probably around midday)
SATURDAY: Day trip to Hakone
MONDAY: Leave for airport
What would you do if you were going again? I am especially interested in visiting temples and shrines and any type of eating, but open to pretty much anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan & WiFi
- 2 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 3 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 4 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 5 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 6 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 7 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 8 First time trip to Japan questions
- 9 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 10 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 11 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 12 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 13 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 14 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 15 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 16 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 17 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 18 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 19 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 21 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 22 Honeymoon in Bali
- 23 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 24 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 25 India E Tourist Visa