I'm off to Japan in a week and SUPER excited... I've bought a couple of guide books (Lonely Planet guide for Japan and Pocket Guide to Tokyo), checked out Japan Guide, Wikitravel, etc. I have a few ideas of things I definitely want to do, but I'd also like to know some of your suggestions about what you consider unmissable. The only really definite plan I have is meeting a Japanese friend the Saturday after I arrive. He's going to teach me how to make gyoza at his house and he also mentioned Harajuku and going to a karaoke bar. Otherwise, I can do anything.
FRIDAY: Arrive in Tokyo around midday
SATURDAY: Spending day with Japanese friend (meeting in Asakusa)
MONDAY: Tokyo (overnight bus to Kyoto)
FRIDAY: Shinkansen to Tokyo (probably around midday)
SATURDAY: Day trip to Hakone
MONDAY: Leave for airport
What would you do if you were going again? I am especially interested in visiting temples and shrines and any type of eating, but open to pretty much anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 3 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 4 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 5 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 6 Hotel Chang Mai
- 7 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 8 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 9 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 10 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 11 Hotel in Hanoi
- 12 India help needed
- 13 Beach hotel Thailand
- 14 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 15 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 16 Sim cards and adaptors
- 17 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 18 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 19 Sri Lanka Visa
- 20 Hoi Ann hotel
- 21 Place to stay Hue
- 22 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 23 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 24 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 25 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon