I'm off to Japan in a week and SUPER excited... I've bought a couple of guide books (Lonely Planet guide for Japan and Pocket Guide to Tokyo), checked out Japan Guide, Wikitravel, etc. I have a few ideas of things I definitely want to do, but I'd also like to know some of your suggestions about what you consider unmissable. The only really definite plan I have is meeting a Japanese friend the Saturday after I arrive. He's going to teach me how to make gyoza at his house and he also mentioned Harajuku and going to a karaoke bar. Otherwise, I can do anything.
FRIDAY: Arrive in Tokyo around midday
SATURDAY: Spending day with Japanese friend (meeting in Asakusa)
MONDAY: Tokyo (overnight bus to Kyoto)
FRIDAY: Shinkansen to Tokyo (probably around midday)
SATURDAY: Day trip to Hakone
MONDAY: Leave for airport
What would you do if you were going again? I am especially interested in visiting temples and shrines and any type of eating, but open to pretty much anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 2 Halong Bay cruise
- 3 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 4 Dollar traveller cheques
- 5 India help with where to go
- 6 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 7 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 8 Hoi An in December?
- 9 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 10 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 13 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 14 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 15 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 16 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 17 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 18 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 19 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 20 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 21 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 22 Is this crazy?
- 23 In Seoul for one day
- 24 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 25 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary