I'm off to Japan in a week and SUPER excited... I've bought a couple of guide books (Lonely Planet guide for Japan and Pocket Guide to Tokyo), checked out Japan Guide, Wikitravel, etc. I have a few ideas of things I definitely want to do, but I'd also like to know some of your suggestions about what you consider unmissable. The only really definite plan I have is meeting a Japanese friend the Saturday after I arrive. He's going to teach me how to make gyoza at his house and he also mentioned Harajuku and going to a karaoke bar. Otherwise, I can do anything.
FRIDAY: Arrive in Tokyo around midday
SATURDAY: Spending day with Japanese friend (meeting in Asakusa)
MONDAY: Tokyo (overnight bus to Kyoto)
FRIDAY: Shinkansen to Tokyo (probably around midday)
SATURDAY: Day trip to Hakone
MONDAY: Leave for airport
What would you do if you were going again? I am especially interested in visiting temples and shrines and any type of eating, but open to pretty much anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 2 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 4 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 5 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 6 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 7 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 8 Something about... Malaysia
- 9 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 10 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 11 Budget Servied Apt
- 12 Terracotta Warriors
- 13 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 14 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 15 hiking japan sept
- 16 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 17 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 18 The best way to My Son
- 19 Japan Itinerary!
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 22 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 23 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 24 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 25 Japan rough itinerary