I'm off to Japan in a week and SUPER excited... I've bought a couple of guide books (Lonely Planet guide for Japan and Pocket Guide to Tokyo), checked out Japan Guide, Wikitravel, etc. I have a few ideas of things I definitely want to do, but I'd also like to know some of your suggestions about what you consider unmissable. The only really definite plan I have is meeting a Japanese friend the Saturday after I arrive. He's going to teach me how to make gyoza at his house and he also mentioned Harajuku and going to a karaoke bar. Otherwise, I can do anything.
FRIDAY: Arrive in Tokyo around midday
SATURDAY: Spending day with Japanese friend (meeting in Asakusa)
MONDAY: Tokyo (overnight bus to Kyoto)
FRIDAY: Shinkansen to Tokyo (probably around midday)
SATURDAY: Day trip to Hakone
MONDAY: Leave for airport
What would you do if you were going again? I am especially interested in visiting temples and shrines and any type of eating, but open to pretty much anything!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 2 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 3 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 4 Thailand mid-December
- 5 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 6 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 7 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 8 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 9 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 10 What I like about Mumbai
- 11 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 12 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 13 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 14 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 15 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 16 Indian visa
- 17 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 18 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 19 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 20 One week in Thailand
- 21 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 24 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 25 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much