I'm planning a trip to Japan. I dreamed about it a lot, and always wanted to make it slowly. Next year I hope I'll have an opportunity of spending 4 weeks for my holiday (2 last weeks of September + 2 in October). I want to see autumn colors and I know that I'll have to include Hokkaido. The rough plan for now is to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto and near, spend a night in the monastery on Koya, visit Nikko (maybe 2), Hakone (2), Miajima . Still nothing is settled, tickets not booked and I have a lot of holes in my plan, so I'm free in planning. What can be the best order of all the places to catch more color? Now I'm afraid it will be too rainy. Is it possible to stick to this plan or we must try to move the vacation for October or later? I'm thinking about JR pass and going north with one-two stops for a day-two, something off the beaten track. Can you recommend anything special?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 4 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 5 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 10 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 13 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 16 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 17 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 18 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 19 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 20 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 21 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 22 Beijing tours
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 25 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR