I'm planning a trip to Japan. I dreamed about it a lot, and always wanted to make it slowly. Next year I hope I'll have an opportunity of spending 4 weeks for my holiday (2 last weeks of September + 2 in October). I want to see autumn colors and I know that I'll have to include Hokkaido. The rough plan for now is to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto and near, spend a night in the monastery on Koya, visit Nikko (maybe 2), Hakone (2), Miajima . Still nothing is settled, tickets not booked and I have a lot of holes in my plan, so I'm free in planning. What can be the best order of all the places to catch more color? Now I'm afraid it will be too rainy. Is it possible to stick to this plan or we must try to move the vacation for October or later? I'm thinking about JR pass and going north with one-two stops for a day-two, something off the beaten track. Can you recommend anything special?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 2 Free Tour Guide in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- 3 Japan Itinerary!
- 4 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 5 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 6 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 7 hiking japan sept
- 8 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 9 Japan rough itinerary
- 10 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 11 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 12 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 13 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 15 shanghai for 4 days
- 16 Budget Servied Apt
- 17 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 18 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 20 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 21 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 22 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 23 Something about... Malaysia
- 24 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 25 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids