I'm planning a trip to Japan. I dreamed about it a lot, and always wanted to make it slowly. Next year I hope I'll have an opportunity of spending 4 weeks for my holiday (2 last weeks of September + 2 in October). I want to see autumn colors and I know that I'll have to include Hokkaido. The rough plan for now is to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto and near, spend a night in the monastery on Koya, visit Nikko (maybe 2), Hakone (2), Miajima . Still nothing is settled, tickets not booked and I have a lot of holes in my plan, so I'm free in planning. What can be the best order of all the places to catch more color? Now I'm afraid it will be too rainy. Is it possible to stick to this plan or we must try to move the vacation for October or later? I'm thinking about JR pass and going north with one-two stops for a day-two, something off the beaten track. Can you recommend anything special?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 For Bangkok Lovers
- 2 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 3 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 4 India Trip Report
- 5 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 6 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 7 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 8 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 9 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 10 Visiting China - must be tour
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 Drive from Kanazawa to Noto Peninsula
- 13 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 14 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 15 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 16 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 17 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 18 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 19 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 21 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 24 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 25 Hakone and Mt Fuji