I'm planning a trip to Japan. I dreamed about it a lot, and always wanted to make it slowly. Next year I hope I'll have an opportunity of spending 4 weeks for my holiday (2 last weeks of September + 2 in October). I want to see autumn colors and I know that I'll have to include Hokkaido. The rough plan for now is to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto and near, spend a night in the monastery on Koya, visit Nikko (maybe 2), Hakone (2), Miajima . Still nothing is settled, tickets not booked and I have a lot of holes in my plan, so I'm free in planning. What can be the best order of all the places to catch more color? Now I'm afraid it will be too rainy. Is it possible to stick to this plan or we must try to move the vacation for October or later? I'm thinking about JR pass and going north with one-two stops for a day-two, something off the beaten track. Can you recommend anything special?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 2 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 3 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 4 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 5 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 8 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 9 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 10 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 11 India Tour Companies
- 12 Vietnam Dong
- 13 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 14 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 15 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 16 New Years in Japan
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 19 Touristy Thailand
- 20 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 21 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 22 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 23 Myanmar tour companies
- 24 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 25 A Victory Day Tour