I'm planning a trip to Japan. I dreamed about it a lot, and always wanted to make it slowly. Next year I hope I'll have an opportunity of spending 4 weeks for my holiday (2 last weeks of September + 2 in October). I want to see autumn colors and I know that I'll have to include Hokkaido. The rough plan for now is to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto and near, spend a night in the monastery on Koya, visit Nikko (maybe 2), Hakone (2), Miajima . Still nothing is settled, tickets not booked and I have a lot of holes in my plan, so I'm free in planning. What can be the best order of all the places to catch more color? Now I'm afraid it will be too rainy. Is it possible to stick to this plan or we must try to move the vacation for October or later? I'm thinking about JR pass and going north with one-two stops for a day-two, something off the beaten track. Can you recommend anything special?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Bali
- 2 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 3 Beautiful location for painting
- 4 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 5 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 6 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 7 India E Tourist Visa
- 8 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 9 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 10 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 11 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 12 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 13 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 14 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 15 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 16 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 17 Train Travel in Thailand
- 18 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 19 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 20 Phuket
- 21 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 22 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 23 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 24 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 25 Tips for Myanmar in October