I'm planning a trip to Japan. I dreamed about it a lot, and always wanted to make it slowly. Next year I hope I'll have an opportunity of spending 4 weeks for my holiday (2 last weeks of September + 2 in October). I want to see autumn colors and I know that I'll have to include Hokkaido. The rough plan for now is to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto and near, spend a night in the monastery on Koya, visit Nikko (maybe 2), Hakone (2), Miajima . Still nothing is settled, tickets not booked and I have a lot of holes in my plan, so I'm free in planning. What can be the best order of all the places to catch more color? Now I'm afraid it will be too rainy. Is it possible to stick to this plan or we must try to move the vacation for October or later? I'm thinking about JR pass and going north with one-two stops for a day-two, something off the beaten track. Can you recommend anything special?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India here we come
- 2 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 3 Georgetown Penang and Java for about 3 weeks in April May or June 2016.
- 4 Anyone used China Odyssey?
- 5 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 6 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 7 Ningbo places to see and things to do
- 8 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 9 Capsule hotels
- 10 Vaccinations
- 11 a year in burma
- 12 Borneo forest fires
- 13 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 14 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 15 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 16 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 17 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 18 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 19 Bridge players Beware!!
- 20 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 21 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 22 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 23 Chengdu and Beijing
- 24 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 25 2 months in Indonesia