I'm planning a trip to Japan. I dreamed about it a lot, and always wanted to make it slowly. Next year I hope I'll have an opportunity of spending 4 weeks for my holiday (2 last weeks of September + 2 in October). I want to see autumn colors and I know that I'll have to include Hokkaido. The rough plan for now is to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto and near, spend a night in the monastery on Koya, visit Nikko (maybe 2), Hakone (2), Miajima . Still nothing is settled, tickets not booked and I have a lot of holes in my plan, so I'm free in planning. What can be the best order of all the places to catch more color? Now I'm afraid it will be too rainy. Is it possible to stick to this plan or we must try to move the vacation for October or later? I'm thinking about JR pass and going north with one-two stops for a day-two, something off the beaten track. Can you recommend anything special?
Japan in September
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 2 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 3 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 4 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 5 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 6 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 7 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 8 3 days in Teheran
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 11 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 12 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 13 Travel during China national week?
- 14 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 15 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 16 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 17 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 18 Favorite travel apps?
- 19 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 20 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 21 Foreign currency
- 22 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 23 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 24 Honeymoon In sept
- 25 Vietnam October 2014