I'm planning a trip to Japan. I dreamed about it a lot, and always wanted to make it slowly. Next year I hope I'll have an opportunity of spending 4 weeks for my holiday (2 last weeks of September + 2 in October). I want to see autumn colors and I know that I'll have to include Hokkaido. The rough plan for now is to spend 3-4 days in Tokyo, 5 days Kyoto and near, spend a night in the monastery on Koya, visit Nikko (maybe 2), Hakone (2), Miajima . Still nothing is settled, tickets not booked and I have a lot of holes in my plan, so I'm free in planning. What can be the best order of all the places to catch more color? Now I'm afraid it will be too rainy. Is it possible to stick to this plan or we must try to move the vacation for October or later? I'm thinking about JR pass and going north with one-two stops for a day-two, something off the beaten track. Can you recommend anything special?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 Being customs
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 9 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 10 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 11 Tips in Myanmar
- 12 myanmar
- 13 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 14 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 19 A beach of choice on Samui
- 20 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 21 Travel India solo
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 24 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 25 Busan Central Bus Terminal