I will have 14-15 days to spend in Japan this March. Arriving into Haneda late at night on a direct flight from NY. Spend evening near airport and fly to Osaka mid-afternoon the next day. I would like to stay in Osaka with side-trips, Kyoto with side-trips, and Tokyo. I was thinking Osaka - 4 days, Kyoto 4 days and Tokyo 6-7 days. Any suggestions on amount of time in each city? Side-trips to take? Recommended hotels, restaurants? I was thinking of side-trips to Kobe, Nara, etc...
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 2 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 5 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 6 Lodge in Borneo
- 7 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 8 China and Japan help
- 9 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 10 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 11 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 12 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 13 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 14 5 weeks in Japan
- 15 Requesting Passport Number
- 16 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 17 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 18 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 19 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 20 Phu Quoc
- 21 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 22 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 23 Help! India Visa question....
- 24 Singapore hotel
- 25 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue