My family, 2 adults and 2 teenage boys, are visitng family in Shimonoseki. We are going to use the JR Sanyo 4 day pass to explore a little. Here is a possible plan.
Sunday travel to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Park and the museum. In the mid afternoon take the JR ferry to Miyajima and visit the Itsukushima Shrine. We are staying the night at a ryokan on the island.
Monday take the cable car to the top of Mt. Misen. We will leave in the late afternoon and go to Himeji and stay the night.
Tuesday watch the restoration of Himeji castle and maybe visit Mt. Shozan temple Engyo-ji. Taking a late afternoon train to Uno and stay the night.
Wednesday take a morning ferry to Naoshima Island and spend the day with the Art. In the evening take train back to Shimonoseki to relax for a few days visiting Japanese family.
Mt. Mosen AND Mt. Shozan. Too much?
I welcome any advice or thoughts on any part of my plan. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 2 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 3 haneda hotel
- 4 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 5 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 6 Rishikesh, India
- 7 India Safari 2017
- 8 India in March and April??
- 9 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 10 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 13 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 14 Datong in Winter
- 15 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 16 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 17 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 18 Japan- National Holiday
- 19 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 20 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 21 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 22 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 23 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 24 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 25 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip