My family, 2 adults and 2 teenage boys, are visitng family in Shimonoseki. We are going to use the JR Sanyo 4 day pass to explore a little. Here is a possible plan.
Sunday travel to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Park and the museum. In the mid afternoon take the JR ferry to Miyajima and visit the Itsukushima Shrine. We are staying the night at a ryokan on the island.
Monday take the cable car to the top of Mt. Misen. We will leave in the late afternoon and go to Himeji and stay the night.
Tuesday watch the restoration of Himeji castle and maybe visit Mt. Shozan temple Engyo-ji. Taking a late afternoon train to Uno and stay the night.
Wednesday take a morning ferry to Naoshima Island and spend the day with the Art. In the evening take train back to Shimonoseki to relax for a few days visiting Japanese family.
Mt. Mosen AND Mt. Shozan. Too much?
I welcome any advice or thoughts on any part of my plan. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 2 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 3 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 4 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 5 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 6 Impressions of India
- 7 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 8 Tokyo hotel help
- 9 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 10 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 11 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 12 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 13 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 14 How much Yen?
- 15 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 16 South Korea for Chuseok
- 17 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 18 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 19 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 20 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 21 Bali - What to do?
- 22 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 23 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 24 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 25 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia