My family, 2 adults and 2 teenage boys, are visitng family in Shimonoseki. We are going to use the JR Sanyo 4 day pass to explore a little. Here is a possible plan.
Sunday travel to Hiroshima and visit the Peace Park and the museum. In the mid afternoon take the JR ferry to Miyajima and visit the Itsukushima Shrine. We are staying the night at a ryokan on the island.
Monday take the cable car to the top of Mt. Misen. We will leave in the late afternoon and go to Himeji and stay the night.
Tuesday watch the restoration of Himeji castle and maybe visit Mt. Shozan temple Engyo-ji. Taking a late afternoon train to Uno and stay the night.
Wednesday take a morning ferry to Naoshima Island and spend the day with the Art. In the evening take train back to Shimonoseki to relax for a few days visiting Japanese family.
Mt. Mosen AND Mt. Shozan. Too much?
I welcome any advice or thoughts on any part of my plan. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 currency conversion
- 2 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 3 Phenom Penh
- 4 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 7 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 8 One day in Saigon
- 9 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 10 Bali private driver recommendation
- 11 North India Itinerary advice
- 12 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 13 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 14 The Indian money crunch.
- 15 The truth about elephant tourism
- 16 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 17 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 18 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 19 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 20 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 21 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 22 Kerala trip
- 23 E Visa for India?
- 24 1-2 months South East Asia
- 25 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?