I am Johnnie, a 25 year old student from the Netherlands. I study Cultural Geography at the University of Groningen.
I am in Hiroshima for 4 weeks right now as a tourist, student and researcher. I'm here on my own, mainly to explore the range of tourists' experiences, feelings and emotions while visiting the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and vicinity. As a tourist, I have also experienced the encounters at the Peace Memorial sites myself.
The aim of my study is to understand tourists’ experiences in Hiroshima, as well as their potential changed meanings regarding war, peace and nuclear weapons after touring Hiroshima.
While I'm here, I would very much like to get in contact with other tourists and share some of our experiences. That would help me a lot to better understand the impact of such a visit. Other than that, as a tourist, some company and socializing a bit would do me good while I'm here.
If anyone is in Hiroshima now, in February, and would like to meet, let me know . Or e-mail me at email@example.com. Hope to talk to you soon!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Rail Pass
- 2 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 6 Japan for Foodies
- 7 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 8 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 9 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 10 Japan rough itinerary
- 11 One night in Osaka
- 12 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 13 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 14 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 15 Singapore weather in August/September
- 16 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 17 First time going abroad
- 18 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 19 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Backpacking on a budget
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 24 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 25 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
Japan, Hiroshima. Anyone in Hiroshima now to share experiences?