I am Johnnie, a 25 year old student from the Netherlands. I study Cultural Geography at the University of Groningen.
I am in Hiroshima for 4 weeks right now as a tourist, student and researcher. I'm here on my own, mainly to explore the range of tourists' experiences, feelings and emotions while visiting the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and vicinity. As a tourist, I have also experienced the encounters at the Peace Memorial sites myself.
The aim of my study is to understand tourists’ experiences in Hiroshima, as well as their potential changed meanings regarding war, peace and nuclear weapons after touring Hiroshima.
While I'm here, I would very much like to get in contact with other tourists and share some of our experiences. That would help me a lot to better understand the impact of such a visit. Other than that, as a tourist, some company and socializing a bit would do me good while I'm here.
If anyone is in Hiroshima now, in February, and would like to meet, let me know . Or e-mail me at email@example.com. Hope to talk to you soon!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hoi Ann hotel
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Place to stay Hue
- 5 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 6 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 7 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 8 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 9 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 10 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 11 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 12 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 13 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 14 India help needed
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 16 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 17 Trekking outside Sapa
- 18 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 19 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 22 Go to Pai or not?
- 23 Ko Kraden hotels
- 24 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 25 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
Japan, Hiroshima. Anyone in Hiroshima now to share experiences?