I am Johnnie, a 25 year old student from the Netherlands. I study Cultural Geography at the University of Groningen.
I am in Hiroshima for 4 weeks right now as a tourist, student and researcher. I'm here on my own, mainly to explore the range of tourists' experiences, feelings and emotions while visiting the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and vicinity. As a tourist, I have also experienced the encounters at the Peace Memorial sites myself.
The aim of my study is to understand tourists’ experiences in Hiroshima, as well as their potential changed meanings regarding war, peace and nuclear weapons after touring Hiroshima.
While I'm here, I would very much like to get in contact with other tourists and share some of our experiences. That would help me a lot to better understand the impact of such a visit. Other than that, as a tourist, some company and socializing a bit would do me good while I'm here.
If anyone is in Hiroshima now, in February, and would like to meet, let me know . Or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to talk to you soon!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Japan
- 2 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 3 A first time for everything in Japan
- 4 India Tour Companies
- 5 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 6 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 7 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 8 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 9 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 10 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 11 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 12 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 13 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 14 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 15 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 16 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 17 Vietnam Dong
- 18 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 19 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 20 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 21 New Years in Japan
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 24 Touristy Thailand
- 25 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
Japan, Hiroshima. Anyone in Hiroshima now to share experiences?