I am Johnnie, a 25 year old student from the Netherlands. I study Cultural Geography at the University of Groningen.
I am in Hiroshima for 4 weeks right now as a tourist, student and researcher. I'm here on my own, mainly to explore the range of tourists' experiences, feelings and emotions while visiting the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and vicinity. As a tourist, I have also experienced the encounters at the Peace Memorial sites myself.
The aim of my study is to understand tourists’ experiences in Hiroshima, as well as their potential changed meanings regarding war, peace and nuclear weapons after touring Hiroshima.
While I'm here, I would very much like to get in contact with other tourists and share some of our experiences. That would help me a lot to better understand the impact of such a visit. Other than that, as a tourist, some company and socializing a bit would do me good while I'm here.
If anyone is in Hiroshima now, in February, and would like to meet, let me know . Or e-mail me at email@example.com. Hope to talk to you soon!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 2 스위피 ▣ 홈피: 【_mk289.com_】
- 3 South Korea for Chuseok
- 4 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 5 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 6 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 7 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 8 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 9 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 10 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 11 Tokyo hotel help
- 12 Bali - What to do?
- 13 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 14 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 15 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 16 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 17 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 18 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 19 Private tours in Northern India
- 20 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 21 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 22 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 23 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 24 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 25 Vietnam visa
Japan, Hiroshima. Anyone in Hiroshima now to share experiences?