Hi everyone, I'm new here!
My fiancé and I are planning our first trip to Asia - we are going to Japan and Thailand in a month! We have booked hotels in Japan already:
4 nights Citadines Shinjuku
2 nights ryoken in Hakone
3 nights Sunline in Gion, Kyoto
I received a quote from a travel agent to book transportation and activities and it was over €2000!! That seemed overly expensive to me and I would like to try and book myself - my initial hesitation in doing this was that we don't speak/read Japanese or know our way around at all so thought it would be helpful to have the transport particularly in Japanese but that price is way more than I think is worth it.
We are arriving in Tokyo on March 13 and looking for transportation help to
1- get from Narita to Citadines (with bags so don't mind taxi for part of the way if it makes it that much easier
2- get from Citadines to Hakone
3- get from Hakone to Sunline in Gion
4- get from Kyoto to airport in Osaka
Do we have to book any of the transportation ahead of time?
Our main interests for Japan are to see the beautiful temples, sights and experience the culture as well as some touring around Hakone area to see the natural beauty (how do we get the Hakone pass and do you recommend it?)- we are also interested in seeing the hustle and bustle of Tokyo and some of the futuristic/techy stuff there.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations for half day tours in Tokyo and Kyoto (we thought this might help us get our bearings instead of going it alone?).
Also, we would be interested in booking Giesha/Maiko or kimono experience / cooking class in Kyoto so please let me know if you have recommendations.
Lastly, I think there is a sumo tournament in Osaka while we are in Kyoto - in your opinion is this worth the trip to see?
Thanks so much! Amanda
Japan - Help with transport/activities
Hi everyone, I'm new here!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can you bargain tour price?
- 2 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 3 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 4 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 5 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 6 4 week solo trip through Myanmar/ Burma
- 7 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 8 Help ! How bad is the rain in Bangkok early/mid September? Thanks
- 9 April in Bangkok, again!
- 10 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 11 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 12 Japan night bus
- 13 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 14 Living in Singapore Questions
- 15 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 16 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 19 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 20 Problems at 12,000'
- 21 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 22 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 23 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 24 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 25 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)