Hello! This will be my first time traveling to Japan. I've been having problems planning my itinerary, I'd like to maximize my travels to not miss the 'Must See'. I will be there for 8 nights. Any information on a tentative itinerary from those who have travelled there would be greatly appreciated and extremely helpful. I will be traveling in October - landing in Narita. Some places I'd like to visit would be Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, and Kyoto. Is it best to go on a tour or to visit things on my own? Cheaper to purchase online in America vs. booking it while I'm there in Japan? Travel by high speed train preferred so I can maximize my time (been reading about the Japan Rail but not sure of it's limitations). Budget friendly please! And any tips, recommendations, anything at all I would be forever thankful.
Japan Help, Please!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 Thai island escape
- 4 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 5 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 6 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 9 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 10 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Japan -OAT tour
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 General question
- 20 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 21 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 22 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 23 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals