Hello! This will be my first time traveling to Japan. I've been having problems planning my itinerary, I'd like to maximize my travels to not miss the 'Must See'. I will be there for 8 nights. Any information on a tentative itinerary from those who have travelled there would be greatly appreciated and extremely helpful. I will be traveling in October - landing in Narita. Some places I'd like to visit would be Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, and Kyoto. Is it best to go on a tour or to visit things on my own? Cheaper to purchase online in America vs. booking it while I'm there in Japan? Travel by high speed train preferred so I can maximize my time (been reading about the Japan Rail but not sure of it's limitations). Budget friendly please! And any tips, recommendations, anything at all I would be forever thankful.
Japan Help, Please!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 2 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 3 budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
- 4 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 8 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.