My husband and I will be in Otsu in July for one week for a conference. We are staying an extra week after to vacation and we need to decide what we're going to do. There is so much to do and see in the country that we are having trouble deciding. We are really craving a beach vacation, but it seems that the only reccommended places are Okinawa and other southern islands. The prices for resorts are way out of our price range. We don't need to stay ON the beach, but we'd like to be close. Suggestions? Reccommendations?
Also, has anyone used the regional airlines? We're flying into Toyko from the US, then we need to get to Kyoto/Otsu for the conference. From there we'll do our vacationing somewhere else. So, we were thinking a regional carrier would be good. My husband read that there are passes that have five one-way flights. Any reccommendations?
We have our plane tickets to Japan already, and now we need to plan the vaca part. We're open to ideas, but really (REALLY) need to get away and relax!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thai Elephants
- 2 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 3 Japan/Korea/HK
- 4 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 5 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 8 India itinerary critique please
- 9 Impressions of India
- 10 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 11 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 12 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 13 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 14 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 17 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 18 Mumbai short visit
- 19 which city should i start from first
- 20 Do not miss the variety of Indonesian cultural festivals in 2017
- 21 Cultural Festivals of Indonesia
- 22 Sri Lanka in August
- 23 Camel Safar in Rajastan
- 24 Looking for Hong Kong (HK) Tourism Guide
- 25 Hong Kong