My husband and I will be in Otsu in July for one week for a conference. We are staying an extra week after to vacation and we need to decide what we're going to do. There is so much to do and see in the country that we are having trouble deciding. We are really craving a beach vacation, but it seems that the only reccommended places are Okinawa and other southern islands. The prices for resorts are way out of our price range. We don't need to stay ON the beach, but we'd like to be close. Suggestions? Reccommendations?
Also, has anyone used the regional airlines? We're flying into Toyko from the US, then we need to get to Kyoto/Otsu for the conference. From there we'll do our vacationing somewhere else. So, we were thinking a regional carrier would be good. My husband read that there are passes that have five one-way flights. Any reccommendations?
We have our plane tickets to Japan already, and now we need to plan the vaca part. We're open to ideas, but really (REALLY) need to get away and relax!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://alphajackedhelp.com/alpha-rampage/
- 2 Thai Jungle Experience
- 3 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 4 Angkor guides: Tek???
- 5 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 6 First time to India
- 7 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 8 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 9 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 First time getting out of the country
- 12 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 13 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 14 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 15 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 16 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 17 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 18 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 19 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 22 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 23 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 24 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 25 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!