I would greatly appreciate some feedback on this itinerary. This is our (2 adults) second trip to Japan and we are mainly interested in going to places that we haven't been before. Last time we went to the main attractions including Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nara and Koya San. We are also keen to visit an onsen town due to the colder weather. We are interested in Japanese cuisine and visiting temples/gardens.
Day 1-3: Tokyo (we love this city and is the one place we could like to see more of!)
Day 4-5: Travel to Nagoya and overnight
Day 6-7: Travel to Takayama and overnight
Day 8-9: Travel to Kanazawa and overnight
Day 10-11: Travel to Nagano and overnight
Day 12: Travel back to Tokyo and fly out the next day
All suggestions are welcome! I am concerned that we might have packed a little too much in but Kanazawa and Nagano are probably higher priority. Should we cut out Nagoya or Takayama??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 LENS
- 2 Best Train Food Service
- 3 Indian Food Series
- 4 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 "necessities" for India
- 7 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 8 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 9 Changing planes at Dubai
- 10 14 days in Myanmar
- 11 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 12 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 13 50th Anniversary trip
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 17 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 18 Short trip to Myanmar
- 19 ATMs in Japan
- 20 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 21 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 22 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 23 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 24 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 25 Mandalay questions