I would greatly appreciate some feedback on this itinerary. This is our (2 adults) second trip to Japan and we are mainly interested in going to places that we haven't been before. Last time we went to the main attractions including Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nara and Koya San. We are also keen to visit an onsen town due to the colder weather. We are interested in Japanese cuisine and visiting temples/gardens.
Day 1-3: Tokyo (we love this city and is the one place we could like to see more of!)
Day 4-5: Travel to Nagoya and overnight
Day 6-7: Travel to Takayama and overnight
Day 8-9: Travel to Kanazawa and overnight
Day 10-11: Travel to Nagano and overnight
Day 12: Travel back to Tokyo and fly out the next day
All suggestions are welcome! I am concerned that we might have packed a little too much in but Kanazawa and Nagano are probably higher priority. Should we cut out Nagoya or Takayama??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 Bye bye SE Asia
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 6 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 7 Laos planning.
- 8 Impressions of India
- 9 Japan - costs
- 10 Japan for Foodies
- 11 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 12 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 13 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 14 Japan Rail Pass
- 15 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 16 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 17 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 18 Sri Lanka May
- 19 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 20 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 21 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 22 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 23 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 24 One night in Osaka
- 25 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017