We are planning our first trip to Japan and are very excited. We are learning that there is much more to see and do than we originally realized and want to highlight those areas of interest for both of us and are seeking our fellow fodorites help. We will fly into Osaka and home from Tokyo-should we use all train transportation to get around or rent a car for part of the time? We are both interested in Japanese cuisine and have found a cooking class in Kyoto but are also interested in Samarai history and sword making and Geisha history and silk making. We plan to visit historical sites like Hiroshima but also want to experience old Japan. We do not need to see every temple and would like to learn which ones are must visits. We would also like to know about some ryokan recommendations. I have read conflicting reports on timing of cherry blossoms. Any and all information welcome. Thank you so much.
Japan first time April or May
- 1 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 2 Sri Lanka
- 3 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 4 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 5 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 6 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 7 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 8 Udaipur, India
- 9 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 10 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 11 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 12 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 13 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 14 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 15 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 16 Ipoh
- 17 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 18 Wildlife Tour of India
- 19 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 20 white sand beaches in thailand
- 21 Trekking the Annapurna Circuit
- 22 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 23 water delivery and water dispenser
- 24 SHANGHAI GTG MAY 30, 2013
- 25 Cell Phones in India