I have travelled to Japan on two separate occasions with my husband and our first child. Our son was 1.5 on our first trip and 2.5 years old the second time. We love spending time in Japan and think it is a great place for family travel.
Over our two short trips we have visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Takayama, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima and the Fuji Five Lakes area.
We are planning a longer, slower trip for later this year with a 4yo and 1yo.
My blog contains our daily adventures and some tips for Japan travel such as car rental and using a JR Pass.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Terracotta Warriors
- 2 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 3 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 4 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 7 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 8 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 9 hiking japan sept
- 10 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 11 Japan rough itinerary
- 12 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 13 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 14 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 15 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 17 shanghai for 4 days
- 18 Budget Servied Apt
- 19 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 20 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 22 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 23 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 24 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 25 Something about... Malaysia