I have travelled to Japan on two separate occasions with my husband and our first child. Our son was 1.5 on our first trip and 2.5 years old the second time. We love spending time in Japan and think it is a great place for family travel.
Over our two short trips we have visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Takayama, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima and the Fuji Five Lakes area.
We are planning a longer, slower trip for later this year with a 4yo and 1yo.
My blog contains our daily adventures and some tips for Japan travel such as car rental and using a JR Pass.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 2 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 3 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 Traffic and Police in India
- 6 Serendipity Srilanka
- 7 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 8 New Thai Visa
- 9 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 New Years in Japan
- 12 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 13 Sri Lanka in December
- 14 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 15 january 31 in colombo
- 16 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 17 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 18 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 19 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 20 3 weeks in Japan
- 21 A first time for everything in Japan
- 22 India Tour Companies
- 23 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 24 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 25 Kerala House Boat book online?