I have travelled to Japan on two separate occasions with my husband and our first child. Our son was 1.5 on our first trip and 2.5 years old the second time. We love spending time in Japan and think it is a great place for family travel.
Over our two short trips we have visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Takayama, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima and the Fuji Five Lakes area.
We are planning a longer, slower trip for later this year with a 4yo and 1yo.
My blog contains our daily adventures and some tips for Japan travel such as car rental and using a JR Pass.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days in Myanmar
- 2 "necessities" for India
- 3 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 6 Changing planes at Dubai
- 7 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 8 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 9 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 10 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 11 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 12 Short trip to Myanmar
- 13 ATMs in Japan
- 14 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 15 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 16 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 17 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 18 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 19 Mandalay questions
- 20 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 21 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 22 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 23 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 24 Help - India take 2
- 25 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff