I have my flight tickets booked for Japan, flying to TOKYO 20th of October and back from OSAKA 5th of November. So we have 15 full days, we are going to be travelling with our 1 year old baby girl. I am looking at the accommodations but need to know exact dates of our itinerary to start booking it and thought great travelers here could help me out.
I am trying to find out what is the best route we should follow to be comfortable and to see as much (it´s not a problem to move a lot by trains, etc, we are used to it..).
My plan is to take the 14 days Rail Pass to travel by trains and cover Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka. Would it be clever to activate JR pass it directly in Tokyo and then the last day not to use it in Osaka (as we will just need to get to the airport for a flight back I guess)?
I am thinking to visit :
Tokyo (5 days with excursions to Kamakura, Nikko and/or Hakone(and maybe a night there?) so need advice which are more recommended especially with a child, for example in Hakone although she couldnt enter onsen, are children allowed to stay in onsen ryokans at all?
Takayama (1 day, 1 night), going also to Shirakawa go (by bus I guess?)
Kyoto (4 days with a day excursion to Nara, as I heard really nice place...)
Hiroshima + Miyajima ( 1 day Hiroshima and go to spend and a night and a day in Miayjima seems like a good option, is it??)
Osaka (to spend an evening, a night and a day as we fly back from this city at late evening)
The question would be what to add or take off the list as we still would have 1-2 extra days I guess depends on how we get on with catching trains etc although I heard transport system work perfectly..
wee I have a lot of other doubts but firstly want to sort out our route,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 LEXMARK 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ LEXMARK printer TEC*h 24/7??
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 Hotel Chang Mai
- 5 Beach hotel Thailand
- 6 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 7 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 8 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 11 Sim cards and adaptors
- 12 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 13 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 14 Sri Lanka Visa
- 15 Hoi Ann hotel
- 16 Hotel in Hanoi
- 17 Place to stay Hue
- 18 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 19 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 20 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 21 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 22 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 23 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 24 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 25 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan