We will be in Japan between next 22th Jan and 9th Feb. I would love to do a couple of day trekking days, but being winter, it seems not an easy thing to choose.
We'll be in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima and plan to do day trips that include:
From Tokyo: Kamakura - Nikko - Hakone
From Kyoto: Osaka - Nara - Arashiyama
Stay one night at Okayama to spend one full day at Naoshima Island
Stay one night at Mishajima Island.
I have seen places such as Shirikawa-go, Takayama and in the Nakasendo Way, Magome to Tsumago, but both are at least 4 hours away from any of the places we will visit. Coming and going in the same day would be around 8 hours by train....
Can anybody recommend us any trek that departs closer from the places above mentioned (specially Tokyo & Kyoto as they will be the cities where I will spend most time)?
I am looking for some mountain trek, rivers, green landscapes (or white due to some snow) Ideally in the same day (leaving early in the morning and coming back at night to the same city from where I departed). I would consider a two day trek also.
Any suggestion will be welcomed!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 PASSWORD RESET CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h
- 2 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 3 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 4 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 5 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 6 India help needed
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 Sim cards and adaptors
- 10 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 11 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 12 Sri Lanka Visa
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 Hotel in Hanoi
- 15 Place to stay Hue
- 16 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 17 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 18 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 19 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 23 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 24 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 25 Trekking outside Sapa