We will be in Japan between next 22th Jan and 9th Feb. I would love to do a couple of day trekking days, but being winter, it seems not an easy thing to choose.
We'll be in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima and plan to do day trips that include:
From Tokyo: Kamakura - Nikko - Hakone
From Kyoto: Osaka - Nara - Arashiyama
Stay one night at Okayama to spend one full day at Naoshima Island
Stay one night at Mishajima Island.
I have seen places such as Shirikawa-go, Takayama and in the Nakasendo Way, Magome to Tsumago, but both are at least 4 hours away from any of the places we will visit. Coming and going in the same day would be around 8 hours by train....
Can anybody recommend us any trek that departs closer from the places above mentioned (specially Tokyo & Kyoto as they will be the cities where I will spend most time)?
I am looking for some mountain trek, rivers, green landscapes (or white due to some snow) Ideally in the same day (leaving early in the morning and coming back at night to the same city from where I departed). I would consider a two day trek also.
Any suggestion will be welcomed!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan GTG, early April
- 2 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 3 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 4 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 5 Impressions of India
- 6 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 7 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 8 Beijing tours
- 9 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 12 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 13 Takayama trail, Japan
- 14 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 15 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 16 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 17 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 18 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 19 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 20 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 23 Hútòng Walking
- 24 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 25 Singapore SAEX bus service question