We will be in Japan between next 22th Jan and 9th Feb. I would love to do a couple of day trekking days, but being winter, it seems not an easy thing to choose.
We'll be in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima and plan to do day trips that include:
From Tokyo: Kamakura - Nikko - Hakone
From Kyoto: Osaka - Nara - Arashiyama
Stay one night at Okayama to spend one full day at Naoshima Island
Stay one night at Mishajima Island.
I have seen places such as Shirikawa-go, Takayama and in the Nakasendo Way, Magome to Tsumago, but both are at least 4 hours away from any of the places we will visit. Coming and going in the same day would be around 8 hours by train....
Can anybody recommend us any trek that departs closer from the places above mentioned (specially Tokyo & Kyoto as they will be the cities where I will spend most time)?
I am looking for some mountain trek, rivers, green landscapes (or white due to some snow) Ideally in the same day (leaving early in the morning and coming back at night to the same city from where I departed). I would consider a two day trek also.
Any suggestion will be welcomed!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotmail login error 1(8OO) 57O 1233 MS OUTLOOK mail HELPLINE NUMBER
- 2 http://www.tryapext.com/goji-life-argentina/
- 3 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 4 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 5 Sri Lanka May
- 6 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 7 Japan rough itinerary
- 8 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 9 Bye bye SE Asia
- 10 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 11 One night in Osaka
- 12 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 13 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 14 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Impressions of India
- 17 Japan - costs
- 18 Japan for Foodies
- 19 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 20 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 21 Japan Rail Pass
- 22 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 23 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 24 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 25 20 days Itinerary Help!