I will be visiting friends in Tokyo in late January. I am thinking of spending three or four days in Seoul or Shanghai. I have never been to these cities which is why I am considering them, althought I am aware the weather will be less than ideal. I have travelled around Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc where the weather will be better in January on previous trips. I would like to visit a new destination but I am a little worried that the Lunar New Year celebrations may mean that most things in Korea and China will be closed during the last week of January. Which city is better to visit in late January?
January - Seoul or Shanghai for 3 or 4 days?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 2 Gate one India/Nepal
- 3 Problems at 12,000'
- 4 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 7 Which Putu in Bali????
- 8 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 9 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 10 Japan, japan
- 11 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 12 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 13 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 14 Hong Kong restaurants
- 15 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 16 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 17 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 18 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 19 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 20 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 21 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 22 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 23 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 24 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 25 How safe is Delhi/India