I will be visiting friends in Tokyo in late January. I am thinking of spending three or four days in Seoul or Shanghai. I have never been to these cities which is why I am considering them, althought I am aware the weather will be less than ideal. I have travelled around Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc where the weather will be better in January on previous trips. I would like to visit a new destination but I am a little worried that the Lunar New Year celebrations may mean that most things in Korea and China will be closed during the last week of January. Which city is better to visit in late January?
January - Seoul or Shanghai for 3 or 4 days?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 2 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 3 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 4 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 5 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 6 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 7 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 8 Magical India
- 9 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 10 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 11 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 12 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 13 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 14 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 15 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 16 South East Asia
- 17 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 18 India's Online VISA Application
- 19 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 20 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 21 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 22 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 25 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK