I just want to request my fellow travelers NOT to buy any ivory products. When I traveled around China I saw numerous such shops; a recent Nat Geo investigation revealed 90% of ivory used in China is coming from slaughtered African elephants and then smuggled into the country. Please don't be a part of this Blood Ivory trade. And please don't support the elephant back trek safaris either. Those unfortunate animals are captured, separated from the herd, tortured until they have no choice but to 'work' carrying tourists on their back all day.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Java
- 2 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 3 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 5 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 6 Italy from an Asian base
- 7 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 8 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 9 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 10 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 11 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 12 My new 10 year china visa
- 13 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 14 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 15 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 16 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 17 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 18 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 19 Update on riding elephants
- 20 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 21 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 22 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 23 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 24 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 25 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?