I just want to request my fellow travelers NOT to buy any ivory products. When I traveled around China I saw numerous such shops; a recent Nat Geo investigation revealed 90% of ivory used in China is coming from slaughtered African elephants and then smuggled into the country. Please don't be a part of this Blood Ivory trade. And please don't support the elephant back trek safaris either. Those unfortunate animals are captured, separated from the herd, tortured until they have no choice but to 'work' carrying tourists on their back all day.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 2 Places to visit in India in October
- 3 Mid-range Indian hotels: Gateway, Ginger, Keys
- 4 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 5 Amphawa Floating Market
- 6 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 9 Currency in South Korea
- 10 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 11 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 12 Krabi island tours
- 13 6 full days in Yagoon
- 14 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 15 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 16 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 17 Malaysian honeymoon
- 18 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 19 Myanmar itinerary help
- 20 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 21 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 22 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 23 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 24 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 25 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!