I just want to request my fellow travelers NOT to buy any ivory products. When I traveled around China I saw numerous such shops; a recent Nat Geo investigation revealed 90% of ivory used in China is coming from slaughtered African elephants and then smuggled into the country. Please don't be a part of this Blood Ivory trade. And please don't support the elephant back trek safaris either. Those unfortunate animals are captured, separated from the herd, tortured until they have no choice but to 'work' carrying tourists on their back all day.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 3 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 4 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 5 Cursine
- 6 Ben Thanh Market
- 7 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 Trekking outside Sapa
- 10 Hoi Ann hotel
- 11 Place to stay Hue
- 12 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 13 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 14 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 15 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 16 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 17 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 18 Go to Pai or not?
- 19 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 20 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 21 Thai Island Itinerary
- 22 Thailand
- 23 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 24 Asian Pillows
- 25 Floods in North and Central Vietnam