I just want to request my fellow travelers NOT to buy any ivory products. When I traveled around China I saw numerous such shops; a recent Nat Geo investigation revealed 90% of ivory used in China is coming from slaughtered African elephants and then smuggled into the country. Please don't be a part of this Blood Ivory trade. And please don't support the elephant back trek safaris either. Those unfortunate animals are captured, separated from the herd, tortured until they have no choice but to 'work' carrying tourists on their back all day.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 4 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 5 Problems at 12,000'
- 6 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 7 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 8 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 9 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 10 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 11 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 12 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed