I just want to request my fellow travelers NOT to buy any ivory products. When I traveled around China I saw numerous such shops; a recent Nat Geo investigation revealed 90% of ivory used in China is coming from slaughtered African elephants and then smuggled into the country. Please don't be a part of this Blood Ivory trade. And please don't support the elephant back trek safaris either. Those unfortunate animals are captured, separated from the herd, tortured until they have no choice but to 'work' carrying tourists on their back all day.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Traffic and Police in India
- 2 New Years in Japan
- 3 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 4 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 8 A first time for everything in Japan
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 11 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 14 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 15 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 16 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 17 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 18 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 19 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 20 Vietnam Dong
- 21 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 22 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 23 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand