First of all, for a first time poster, I'd like to thank you all for all the (already available) research that has helped me get this far in my planning! I'm thinking about North India as my first real foray into Asia (I've only been to Singapore for work..) with my husband in the beginning of September for my 30th birthday. We are a fairly adventurous couple, and are totally fine with seeing as.much.as.possible in a pretty short span of time.
That being said, we want to spent time where it's worth it. This is what I'm thinking, and I really need a sounding board / advice to see if I'm on the right path - see if I can/should cut anything out. Cost (between driving and trains), is not a bother to us, but we just want to make the most time efficient decisions where possible.
DAY 1: Arrive Varansai (after an overnight layover in Bombay) early Sunday afternoon.
DAY 2: Full day in Varansai. Hire a car (let's say 9pm Monday) to Agra.
I've looked at trains / flights as well, but the timing doesn't allow for a full day in Varansai, so I'm trying to be efficient here.
DAY 3: Agra arrival early (hopefully for the sunrise at the Taj)
Take the evening overnight train to Jodhpur (8:35pm - 6:35am) - Does this train actually often run THAT late?
DAY 4: Arrive Jodhpur. Stay overnight.
DAY 5: Jodhpur. Train to Jaisalmer (Thurs) at either 5:30pm or 11:45pm. Is there much difference between the two options?
DAY 6: Arrive Jaisalmer. Stay Overnight.
DAY 7: Camel Trek (sleep in desert overnight).
DAY 8: Jaisalmer - Udaipur via hired car (with leisurely stops along the way)
- See Kumbhalgarh Fort / Ranakpur Temple / Dilwara Temple
- Arrive Udaipur Sunday night
DAY 9: Udaipur. Stay overnight.
DAY 10: Udaipur back to NYC at 5pm.
I know I already have a lot here, but I've already decided to cut out some of the major cites (Delhi & Jaipur), and even some of the smaller ones (like Khajuraho) that all seemed really amazing. I'm looking for a comprehensive taste of North India in a short span of time (I know), and just want to make sure this makes sense. Any thoughts would be VERY MUCH appreciated for a newbie! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 2 Rookies in Japan
- 3 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 4 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 5 Taiwan in 7 days
- 6 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 9 changing left over currency
- 10 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 11 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 12 Alternative to Koyasan
- 13 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 14 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 15 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 16 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 17 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 18 Itinerary feedback please
- 19 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 20 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 21 Tokyo hotel help
- 22 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 23 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 24 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 25 Impressions of India