Thank you all good folks for your suggestions across the forums. We would appreciate if some of you could guide us in finalizing our trip as well. My spouse and I are planning to visit Japan during April-May this year and have our broad itinerary as follows:
25th Apr (9:30pm): Reach Osaka
26th Apr: Visit Osaka/Kyoto
27th Apr: Visit Kyoto
28th Apr: Hiroshima / Miyajima
29th Apr: Nara
30th Apr: Depart from Osaka/Kyoto to Tokyo
1 May: Tokyo
2 May: Fuji 5 lakes
3 May: Nikko or Aomori
4 May: Depart from Haneda
We have decent interest in nature, history etc. but do not want to only cover shrines and parks.
1) Does this itinerary overall looks fine and feasible? Do you think we should add/delete any places?
2) We initially planned of not taking JR pass but after adding Hiroshima and Aomori/Nikko, we think it may be useful. Based on this itinerary, do you think JR pass makes sense?
3) We are not sure whether to stay in Osaka on 25th and move to Kyoto for next 4 nights or stay all 5 nights in Osaka (Osaka hotels look cheaper than Kyoto)?
4) We are including Aomori in case cherry blossom is still on (we know its a long journey) when we are there otherwise we will visit Nikko. Do you think it makes sense?
Please feel free to add any other suggestions you may have as we are first time visitor to Japan and our knowledge is limited!
Thanks in advance
Itinerary Help_Japan 2014
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar Visa Online - Report
- 2 General question
- 3 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 4 Japan Itinerary for May
- 5 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 6 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 7 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 8 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 9 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 10 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 11 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 14 Thai island escape
- 15 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 16 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 17 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 18 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 19 Phuket Hotel
- 20 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 21 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 22 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 23 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 24 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 25 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)