We are a family of 3 (with 4 year old daughter) planning to visit Asia (Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia) for 12-14 days.
Here is the Itinerary we are planning to work with.
Day 1 – arrive in Singapore
Day2,3 – Singapore
Day 4 – Arrive in Georgetown, Penang
Day 5,6 – Georgetown and arrive in KL
Day 7, - KL
Day 8 – arrive in BALI
Day 9,10,11,12 – Bali (May be go to Gili island)
Day13 – travel home
1. Do you have any suggestions? Do we need 2 days in Georgetown or should we spend an additional day in Bali and visit Gili island?
2. From KL to Georgetown – should we take the train considering air asia has flights costing pretty much the same as the train. What makes more sense in terms of time and accessibility? – train or the flight?
3. Do we need rental car for places like Penang/Georgetown and Bali? If no rental car what's the best way to move around?
4. Is 4 days enough in Bali considering there is lot to do and see. Do you recommend going to Gili island?
Appreciate your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 3 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 4 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 5 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 6 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 Kerala trip
- 11 E Visa for India?
- 12 1-2 months South East Asia
- 13 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 14 Help - India.
- 15 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 16 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 17 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 18 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 19 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 20 Side trips from Taipei
- 21 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 24 Thailand Advice Please
- 25 The Indian money crunch.