I'm hoping to make it to Thailand/Cambodia this year. I'm not sure at the moment if my boyfriend will be joining me (in the process of relocating/selling his business), or if I'll be solo.
Right now I'm thinking-
Bangkok - 3 days (any day trips I should take?)
Fly to Chang Mai - 2 days
Bus to Chang Rai-- 3 days (wanting to go on a Golden triangle tour, border crossing at Myanmar&laos)
Fly to Cambodia (from where?) --3 days, see Angkor Wat
I'd like to stay in nicer hotels, especially if I'm by myself, but nothing too pricey! (Less than $100USD/day, the lower the better!)
Things I would like to include on my trip:
An ethical elephant encounter (was able to do this in Zambia, loved it)
A cooking class
A not-to-strenuous hilltribe trek
One day to sit by a body of water and get really tan (silly, yes, but after living on the coast my whole life, and being landlocked for the last 5 years, I need to sit on a beach!).-- this would be great but not 100% necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 2 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 5 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 6 Gutted!
- 7 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 8 Family Trip to Japan
- 9 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 10 5 weeks in Japan
- 11 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 12 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 13 New Member
- 14 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 15 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 16 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 17 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 18 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 19 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 20 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 21 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 22 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 23 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 24 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 25 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95