I'm hoping to make it to Thailand/Cambodia this year. I'm not sure at the moment if my boyfriend will be joining me (in the process of relocating/selling his business), or if I'll be solo.
Right now I'm thinking-
Bangkok - 3 days (any day trips I should take?)
Fly to Chang Mai - 2 days
Bus to Chang Rai-- 3 days (wanting to go on a Golden triangle tour, border crossing at Myanmar&laos)
Fly to Cambodia (from where?) --3 days, see Angkor Wat
I'd like to stay in nicer hotels, especially if I'm by myself, but nothing too pricey! (Less than $100USD/day, the lower the better!)
Things I would like to include on my trip:
An ethical elephant encounter (was able to do this in Zambia, loved it)
A cooking class
A not-to-strenuous hilltribe trek
One day to sit by a body of water and get really tan (silly, yes, but after living on the coast my whole life, and being landlocked for the last 5 years, I need to sit on a beach!).-- this would be great but not 100% necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 3 Is it Lao or Laos
- 4 best singapore hotel
- 5 Dong Van - Ha Giang
- 6 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 9 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 10 is this a good travel plan?
- 11 CNX late arrival?
- 12 currency conversion
- 13 50th Anniversary trip
- 14 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 15 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 16 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 17 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 18 The truth about elephant tourism
- 19 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 20 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 21 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 22 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 23 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 24 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 25 Phenom Penh