I'm hoping to make it to Thailand/Cambodia this year. I'm not sure at the moment if my boyfriend will be joining me (in the process of relocating/selling his business), or if I'll be solo.
Right now I'm thinking-
Bangkok - 3 days (any day trips I should take?)
Fly to Chang Mai - 2 days
Bus to Chang Rai-- 3 days (wanting to go on a Golden triangle tour, border crossing at Myanmar&laos)
Fly to Cambodia (from where?) --3 days, see Angkor Wat
I'd like to stay in nicer hotels, especially if I'm by myself, but nothing too pricey! (Less than $100USD/day, the lower the better!)
Things I would like to include on my trip:
An ethical elephant encounter (was able to do this in Zambia, loved it)
A cooking class
A not-to-strenuous hilltribe trek
One day to sit by a body of water and get really tan (silly, yes, but after living on the coast my whole life, and being landlocked for the last 5 years, I need to sit on a beach!).-- this would be great but not 100% necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 2 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 3 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 6 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 7 Honeymoon in Bali
- 8 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 9 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 10 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 11 India E Tourist Visa
- 12 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 13 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 14 New Travelor
- 15 Beautiful location for painting
- 16 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 17 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 18 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 19 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 20 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 21 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 22 Train Travel in Thailand
- 23 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 24 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 25 Phuket