I'm hoping to make it to Thailand/Cambodia this year. I'm not sure at the moment if my boyfriend will be joining me (in the process of relocating/selling his business), or if I'll be solo.
Right now I'm thinking-
Bangkok - 3 days (any day trips I should take?)
Fly to Chang Mai - 2 days
Bus to Chang Rai-- 3 days (wanting to go on a Golden triangle tour, border crossing at Myanmar&laos)
Fly to Cambodia (from where?) --3 days, see Angkor Wat
I'd like to stay in nicer hotels, especially if I'm by myself, but nothing too pricey! (Less than $100USD/day, the lower the better!)
Things I would like to include on my trip:
An ethical elephant encounter (was able to do this in Zambia, loved it)
A cooking class
A not-to-strenuous hilltribe trek
One day to sit by a body of water and get really tan (silly, yes, but after living on the coast my whole life, and being landlocked for the last 5 years, I need to sit on a beach!).-- this would be great but not 100% necessary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 2 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 3 Tokyo daytrip
- 4 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 5 Bali - What to do?
- 6 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 7 Impressions of India
- 8 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 9 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 10 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 11 Taiwan confusion..
- 12 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 13 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 14 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 15 Laos- two weeks in January
- 16 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 17 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 18 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 19 Visa for India
- 20 Snapshots From Kerala
- 21 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 22 Other than Kyoto?
- 23 Japan itinerary advice
- 24 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback