I will have a few days in April to travel and I would like to go to Southeast Asia for the first time. My priorities are being able to attend Songkran, the Full Moon party, and to see Angkor Wat. All other days/locations are flexible.
Afternoon/evening of April 8- Leave NYC or Philadelphia
April 10-11 Bangkok
April 12-13 Chiang Mai for Songkran
April 14-15 Kho Pha Ngan for the Full Moon
April 16-19?? Angkor Wat
Evening of April 19/Morning of April 20- Flight to NYC/Philadelphia
Would I have time for Kuala Lumpur during this trip or is that rushing it? Would anyone recommend spending extra time in Koh Lanta/Phuket/Maya Beach or perhaps Koh Chang on the way to Cambodia?
I have seen flights leaving from Siem Reap to NYC/PHL which is what I would do to maximize time and not have to return to Bangkok. Another option (because I do not have a lot of time in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip) is to return to Bangkok on the morning of the 19th and not leave until a 10/11pm flight that night. My budget is about $1000-$1500 USD.
I truly appreciate any advice that you all have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NORTON Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 NORTON Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 4 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 5 Trekking outside Sapa
- 6 Place to stay Hue
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 9 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 10 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 13 Go to Pai or not?
- 14 Ko Kraden hotels
- 15 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 16 Hoi Ann hotel
- 17 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 18 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 19 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 20 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 21 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 22 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 23 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 24 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 25 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India