I will have a few days in April to travel and I would like to go to Southeast Asia for the first time. My priorities are being able to attend Songkran, the Full Moon party, and to see Angkor Wat. All other days/locations are flexible.
Afternoon/evening of April 8- Leave NYC or Philadelphia
April 10-11 Bangkok
April 12-13 Chiang Mai for Songkran
April 14-15 Kho Pha Ngan for the Full Moon
April 16-19?? Angkor Wat
Evening of April 19/Morning of April 20- Flight to NYC/Philadelphia
Would I have time for Kuala Lumpur during this trip or is that rushing it? Would anyone recommend spending extra time in Koh Lanta/Phuket/Maya Beach or perhaps Koh Chang on the way to Cambodia?
I have seen flights leaving from Siem Reap to NYC/PHL which is what I would do to maximize time and not have to return to Bangkok. Another option (because I do not have a lot of time in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip) is to return to Bangkok on the morning of the 19th and not leave until a 10/11pm flight that night. My budget is about $1000-$1500 USD.
I truly appreciate any advice that you all have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 2 12 Countries in 1 month or less - Need itenary advice please.
- 3 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 4 Totally unprepared
- 5 Hanoi Hotel
- 6 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 7 Staying at Phi Phi Don
- 8 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 9 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 10 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 11 Air Travel in India
- 12 Advice for Japan trip in November
- 13 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 14 where to stay in Bali
- 15 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 16 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 17 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 18 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 19 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 20 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 21 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 22 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 23 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 25 What seems to be my final itinerary