I will have a few days in April to travel and I would like to go to Southeast Asia for the first time. My priorities are being able to attend Songkran, the Full Moon party, and to see Angkor Wat. All other days/locations are flexible.
Afternoon/evening of April 8- Leave NYC or Philadelphia
April 10-11 Bangkok
April 12-13 Chiang Mai for Songkran
April 14-15 Kho Pha Ngan for the Full Moon
April 16-19?? Angkor Wat
Evening of April 19/Morning of April 20- Flight to NYC/Philadelphia
Would I have time for Kuala Lumpur during this trip or is that rushing it? Would anyone recommend spending extra time in Koh Lanta/Phuket/Maya Beach or perhaps Koh Chang on the way to Cambodia?
I have seen flights leaving from Siem Reap to NYC/PHL which is what I would do to maximize time and not have to return to Bangkok. Another option (because I do not have a lot of time in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip) is to return to Bangkok on the morning of the 19th and not leave until a 10/11pm flight that night. My budget is about $1000-$1500 USD.
I truly appreciate any advice that you all have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India help with where to go
- 2 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 3 In Seoul for one day
- 4 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 5 Is this crazy?
- 6 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 7 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 8 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 9 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 10 Taxis in Yangon
- 11 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 12 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 13 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 14 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 15 Shanghai Tailor?
- 16 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 17 Best of Koh Tao
- 18 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 19 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 20 Studying yoga in India
- 21 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part Two (more difficult)
- 22 Chiyoda or Shitaya area stay?
- 23 Visit Mandalay or not?
- 24 Fabric shops in India
- 25 Getting to Hoi An from Hue