I will have a few days in April to travel and I would like to go to Southeast Asia for the first time. My priorities are being able to attend Songkran, the Full Moon party, and to see Angkor Wat. All other days/locations are flexible.
Afternoon/evening of April 8- Leave NYC or Philadelphia
April 10-11 Bangkok
April 12-13 Chiang Mai for Songkran
April 14-15 Kho Pha Ngan for the Full Moon
April 16-19?? Angkor Wat
Evening of April 19/Morning of April 20- Flight to NYC/Philadelphia
Would I have time for Kuala Lumpur during this trip or is that rushing it? Would anyone recommend spending extra time in Koh Lanta/Phuket/Maya Beach or perhaps Koh Chang on the way to Cambodia?
I have seen flights leaving from Siem Reap to NYC/PHL which is what I would do to maximize time and not have to return to Bangkok. Another option (because I do not have a lot of time in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip) is to return to Bangkok on the morning of the 19th and not leave until a 10/11pm flight that night. My budget is about $1000-$1500 USD.
I truly appreciate any advice that you all have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 2 Japan GTG, early April
- 3 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 4 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 5 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 6 Tokyo daytrip
- 7 Bali - What to do?
- 8 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 9 Impressions of India
- 10 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 11 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 12 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 13 Taiwan confusion..
- 14 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 15 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 16 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 17 Laos- two weeks in January
- 18 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 19 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 20 Visa for India
- 21 Snapshots From Kerala
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Other than Kyoto?
- 24 Japan itinerary advice
- 25 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?