I will have a few days in April to travel and I would like to go to Southeast Asia for the first time. My priorities are being able to attend Songkran, the Full Moon party, and to see Angkor Wat. All other days/locations are flexible.
Afternoon/evening of April 8- Leave NYC or Philadelphia
April 10-11 Bangkok
April 12-13 Chiang Mai for Songkran
April 14-15 Kho Pha Ngan for the Full Moon
April 16-19?? Angkor Wat
Evening of April 19/Morning of April 20- Flight to NYC/Philadelphia
Would I have time for Kuala Lumpur during this trip or is that rushing it? Would anyone recommend spending extra time in Koh Lanta/Phuket/Maya Beach or perhaps Koh Chang on the way to Cambodia?
I have seen flights leaving from Siem Reap to NYC/PHL which is what I would do to maximize time and not have to return to Bangkok. Another option (because I do not have a lot of time in Bangkok at the beginning of the trip) is to return to Bangkok on the morning of the 19th and not leave until a 10/11pm flight that night. My budget is about $1000-$1500 USD.
I truly appreciate any advice that you all have.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tell Me A Good Place To Stay In Darjeeling?
- 2 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/exoslim/
- 3 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 4 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/megadrox-review/
- 5 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 6 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 7 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 8 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 9 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 10 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 11 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 12 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 13 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 14 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 15 A great trip in India
- 16 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 17 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 18 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 19 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 20 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 21 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 22 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 23 Sulawesi
- 24 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 25 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo