We are thrilled about visiting Japan in July.
We are landing at Narita airport in the evening (around 7pm), and have 4 days thereafter to spend in Japan. We are first time visitors to Japan and wish to see go to a city or two. Prefer cities with a lot more interesting sites (temples, festivals etc.) such as Kyoto over busy places like Tokyo.
1. Is it better to spend the night in Narita the first day?
2. Is Kyoto a good base to stay put for 4 days? Are there alternatives? I read about Hakone which seems nice too.
3. Given that the trip really is only 4 days, is a JR rail pass still worth it?
4. Suggestions for hotels?
We are budget travelers not looking to spend much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Graceful Bangalore Escort Service 8147349718
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 4 Society Registration
- 5 Private tours in Northern India
- 6 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 7 Tokyo hotel help
- 8 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 9 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 10 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 11 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 12 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 13 Vietnam visa
- 14 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 15 Family Friendly Penang
- 16 Train trip costs help please
- 17 Weather forecast
- 18 Bali - What to do?
- 19 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 20 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 21 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 22 Sri Lanka advice
- 23 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 24 Ryokan in Japan
- 25 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?