We are thrilled about visiting Japan in July.
We are landing at Narita airport in the evening (around 7pm), and have 4 days thereafter to spend in Japan. We are first time visitors to Japan and wish to see go to a city or two. Prefer cities with a lot more interesting sites (temples, festivals etc.) such as Kyoto over busy places like Tokyo.
1. Is it better to spend the night in Narita the first day?
2. Is Kyoto a good base to stay put for 4 days? Are there alternatives? I read about Hakone which seems nice too.
3. Given that the trip really is only 4 days, is a JR rail pass still worth it?
4. Suggestions for hotels?
We are budget travelers not looking to spend much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel Chang Mai
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 4 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 5 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 6 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 India help needed
- 9 Beach hotel Thailand
- 10 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 12 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 13 Sim cards and adaptors
- 14 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 15 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 16 Sri Lanka Visa
- 17 Hoi Ann hotel
- 18 Place to stay Hue
- 19 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 20 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 21 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 22 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 23 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 24 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 25 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks