We are thrilled about visiting Japan in July.
We are landing at Narita airport in the evening (around 7pm), and have 4 days thereafter to spend in Japan. We are first time visitors to Japan and wish to see go to a city or two. Prefer cities with a lot more interesting sites (temples, festivals etc.) such as Kyoto over busy places like Tokyo.
1. Is it better to spend the night in Narita the first day?
2. Is Kyoto a good base to stay put for 4 days? Are there alternatives? I read about Hakone which seems nice too.
3. Given that the trip really is only 4 days, is a JR rail pass still worth it?
4. Suggestions for hotels?
We are budget travelers not looking to spend much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 2 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 5 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 6 Japan rough itinerary
- 7 shanghai for 4 days
- 8 Budget Servied Apt
- 9 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 10 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 11 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 13 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 14 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 15 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 16 Something about... Malaysia
- 17 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 18 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 19 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 20 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 21 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 22 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 23 Japan Itinerary!
- 24 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 25 Sweltering in Saigon.