We are thrilled about visiting Japan in July.
We are landing at Narita airport in the evening (around 7pm), and have 4 days thereafter to spend in Japan. We are first time visitors to Japan and wish to see go to a city or two. Prefer cities with a lot more interesting sites (temples, festivals etc.) such as Kyoto over busy places like Tokyo.
1. Is it better to spend the night in Narita the first day?
2. Is Kyoto a good base to stay put for 4 days? Are there alternatives? I read about Hakone which seems nice too.
3. Given that the trip really is only 4 days, is a JR rail pass still worth it?
4. Suggestions for hotels?
We are budget travelers not looking to spend much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 U>SA : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 7 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 8 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 9 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 12 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 13 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 Laos or Kerala?
- 16 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 17 Bali & Singapore in October
- 18 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 19 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 20 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 21 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 22 Booking on the fly
- 23 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 24 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 25 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?