My friend and I are planning our 1st trip to SE Asia. We plan to arrive Dec 31 (celebrate New Years at the destination) and return Jan 16. Need to be in Manila Jan 6-9 for a wedding.
We were considering arriving in Singapore and staying for 3-4 days, which leaves 2 days before heading to Manila.
It is most important for us on this trip to see the culture vs beach. A couple beach days at the end would be fine.
1) Does arriving in Singapore for 3-4 days make sense, knowing we have 2 days to spare before Manila? If so, any suggestions for locations ok for americans? Any other suggestions for arrival country?
2) We would love to cover all 4 countries- is this realistic?
3) What is travel time between BKK and Chiang Mai? Phuket/Ko Samui? And what are modes of transportation available?
4) What is travel time between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap? What modes of transport are available?
Any itinerary suggestions you may have are much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://elliskinantiaging.com/try-replenish/
- 2 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 3 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 4 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 5 Laos or Kerala?
- 6 Home delivery restaurant in gurgaon
- 7 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 8 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 9 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 10 Bali & Singapore in October
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 13 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 14 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 15 Booking on the fly
- 16 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 17 Tea estates of Munnar
- 18 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 19 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 20 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 21 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 22 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 23 like my food
- 24 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 25 Portable wifi rental