My friend and I are planning our 1st trip to SE Asia. We plan to arrive Dec 31 (celebrate New Years at the destination) and return Jan 16. Need to be in Manila Jan 6-9 for a wedding.
We were considering arriving in Singapore and staying for 3-4 days, which leaves 2 days before heading to Manila.
It is most important for us on this trip to see the culture vs beach. A couple beach days at the end would be fine.
1) Does arriving in Singapore for 3-4 days make sense, knowing we have 2 days to spare before Manila? If so, any suggestions for locations ok for americans? Any other suggestions for arrival country?
2) We would love to cover all 4 countries- is this realistic?
3) What is travel time between BKK and Chiang Mai? Phuket/Ko Samui? And what are modes of transportation available?
4) What is travel time between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap? What modes of transport are available?
Any itinerary suggestions you may have are much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 New Member
- 4 Bangkok in April?!?
- 5 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 6 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 7 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 8 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 9 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 10 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 11 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 12 My visit to Vietnam
- 13 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 15 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 16 Japn tour 10 nights
- 17 5 weeks in Japan
- 18 My visit to Thailand
- 19 My visit to Cambodia
- 20 Family Trip to Japan
- 21 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 22 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 23 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 24 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 25 Nepal