My friend and I are planning our 1st trip to SE Asia. We plan to arrive Dec 31 (celebrate New Years at the destination) and return Jan 16. Need to be in Manila Jan 6-9 for a wedding.
We were considering arriving in Singapore and staying for 3-4 days, which leaves 2 days before heading to Manila.
It is most important for us on this trip to see the culture vs beach. A couple beach days at the end would be fine.
1) Does arriving in Singapore for 3-4 days make sense, knowing we have 2 days to spare before Manila? If so, any suggestions for locations ok for americans? Any other suggestions for arrival country?
2) We would love to cover all 4 countries- is this realistic?
3) What is travel time between BKK and Chiang Mai? Phuket/Ko Samui? And what are modes of transportation available?
4) What is travel time between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap? What modes of transport are available?
Any itinerary suggestions you may have are much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 Being customs
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 9 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 10 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 11 Tips in Myanmar
- 12 myanmar
- 13 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 14 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 19 A beach of choice on Samui
- 20 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 21 Travel India solo
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 24 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 25 Busan Central Bus Terminal