My friend and I are planning our 1st trip to SE Asia. We plan to arrive Dec 31 (celebrate New Years at the destination) and return Jan 16. Need to be in Manila Jan 6-9 for a wedding.
We were considering arriving in Singapore and staying for 3-4 days, which leaves 2 days before heading to Manila.
It is most important for us on this trip to see the culture vs beach. A couple beach days at the end would be fine.
1) Does arriving in Singapore for 3-4 days make sense, knowing we have 2 days to spare before Manila? If so, any suggestions for locations ok for americans? Any other suggestions for arrival country?
2) We would love to cover all 4 countries- is this realistic?
3) What is travel time between BKK and Chiang Mai? Phuket/Ko Samui? And what are modes of transportation available?
4) What is travel time between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap? What modes of transport are available?
Any itinerary suggestions you may have are much appreciated.
Itinerary help- Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Philipines
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 2 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 3 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 4 Anyone book tour with Vietnam Private Tours?
- 5 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 6 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 7 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 8 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 9 India with 4 kids
- 10 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 11 Travel during China national week?
- 12 Destination Bangkok, again
- 13 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 14 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 15 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 16 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 17 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 18 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 19 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 20 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 21 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 22 Bagan Guide Recommendation
- 23 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 24 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 25 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang