Now that our hotel reservations are booked, our flights are booked and our itinerary is pretty much completed- we can delve into the details (or, the MUST Dos as I like to say).
Help very much appreciated and I'll admit I haven't been motivated to research this trip. Don't know why.
We are flying in after 3 days in Istanbul so will use the first day for resting-
3 nights in Bangkok (the first night we arrive late so really doesn't count). My husband and I will be alone the next full day but the third day we pick up the kiddos (they are teens) from the airport.
4 nights in Ko Samui.
4 nights in Chiang Mai
4 nights back in Bangkok
Suggestions for what to do? Everyone keeps telling me to wait until we get to our hotel and they offer pretty much the same excursions. I would like to do a day trip (or two) from Bangkok though (I hate pollution, the seediness (aka prostitution) is going to urk me and so will the traffic). On the top of our list is: elephant encounters/rides, I'm undecided about the tiger thing (my teens seem nervous too, lol), massage (Chiang Mai has a beautiful palace that I'd love to spend the day at), we love hiking (but I hear it's scary so not sure), of course I know there are plenty of temples and we really love history. I also hear about something called Siam Sea World? That sounds like something nice to do while we are in Bangkok. I originally wanted to see Ayuthaya but now I'm reading it can be disappointing so I'm not sure.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 4 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 5 Trekking outside Sapa
- 6 Place to stay Hue
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 9 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 10 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 13 Go to Pai or not?
- 14 Ko Kraden hotels
- 15 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 16 Hoi Ann hotel
- 17 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 18 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 19 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 20 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 21 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 22 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 23 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 24 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 25 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India