My family and I have been thinking about taking a vacation to Japan in early August. Our budget is low to medium. We will pay whatever it takes to live comfortably though. 2 adults and 2 children, age 15.
We were hoping to see Tokyo and Hiroshima. I am not that far into the planning stage, but this is what I have so far:
Leave July 31st from ORD and Arrive August 1st to Tokyo.
Day 1(August 2nd)- Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Tokyo
Day 4: Tokyo and take a flight to Hiroshima
Day 5: Hiroshima
Day 6: Hiroshima
Day 7: Hiroshima and then a flight back home to Chicago.
Any suggestions on what to do? Changes? I really want to see Hiroshima because of the history behind the city. Is 3 days too long in Hiroshima? Too many days in Tokyo? Help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 Indian Restaurant suggestions:
- 4 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 5 Kerala trip
- 6 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 7 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 8 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 9 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 10 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 11 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 12 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 13 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 14 Help - India take 2
- 15 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 16 CNX late arrival?
- 17 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 18 best singapore hotel
- 19 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 20 is this a good travel plan?
- 21 currency conversion
- 22 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 23 The truth about elephant tourism
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?