My family and I have been thinking about taking a vacation to Japan in early August. Our budget is low to medium. We will pay whatever it takes to live comfortably though. 2 adults and 2 children, age 15.
We were hoping to see Tokyo and Hiroshima. I am not that far into the planning stage, but this is what I have so far:
Leave July 31st from ORD and Arrive August 1st to Tokyo.
Day 1(August 2nd)- Tokyo
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Tokyo
Day 4: Tokyo and take a flight to Hiroshima
Day 5: Hiroshima
Day 6: Hiroshima
Day 7: Hiroshima and then a flight back home to Chicago.
Any suggestions on what to do? Changes? I really want to see Hiroshima because of the history behind the city. Is 3 days too long in Hiroshima? Too many days in Tokyo? Help would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 2 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 3 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 4 November, March, June... Japan?
- 5 Itinerary Help Japan
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 9 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 12 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 13 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 14 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 15 Silk Road Tour - China
- 16 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 17 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 20 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 21 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 22 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 23 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set