My family of 5 will be traveling to Japan from July 1-8. This will be our first trip there and we will be traveling with my adult sons. It's unfortunate but our trip cannot be extended. We will be in Tokyo and I would like to see a bit of Kyoto. Would appreciate it if anyone could recommend an itinerary of what we should take in? From my readings it looks like getting a JR Rail Pass would not be advisable since our only long leg would be from Tokyo to Kyoto and you cannot use it on that route. Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Tokyo? If so, is it convenient to the subways? With 5 of us landing in Narita, would you recommend we take the bus or railway into Tokyo? We will have luggage and I have some concerns on what to do with the luggage on the trains. It sounds like JR Rail doesn't have a luggage area like they do in Europe. One last question, can anyone recommend an English tour guide for Tokyo who would be able to take the boys directly to the sites and shops that they might want to see? We could probably find these places on our own but with limited time a guide would be faster. Thank-you in advance.
Itinerary for 7 days in Japan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 2 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 3 5 nights in Japan.
- 4 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 5 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 8 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 9 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 10 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 11 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 12 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 13 Visa
- 14 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 15 Affordable Japan
- 16 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 17 Castle & King
- 18 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 19 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 20 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 21 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 22 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 23 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 What I like about Mumbai