My family of 5 will be traveling to Japan from July 1-8. This will be our first trip there and we will be traveling with my adult sons. It's unfortunate but our trip cannot be extended. We will be in Tokyo and I would like to see a bit of Kyoto. Would appreciate it if anyone could recommend an itinerary of what we should take in? From my readings it looks like getting a JR Rail Pass would not be advisable since our only long leg would be from Tokyo to Kyoto and you cannot use it on that route. Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Tokyo? If so, is it convenient to the subways? With 5 of us landing in Narita, would you recommend we take the bus or railway into Tokyo? We will have luggage and I have some concerns on what to do with the luggage on the trains. It sounds like JR Rail doesn't have a luggage area like they do in Europe. One last question, can anyone recommend an English tour guide for Tokyo who would be able to take the boys directly to the sites and shops that they might want to see? We could probably find these places on our own but with limited time a guide would be faster. Thank-you in advance.
Itinerary for 7 days in Japan
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 2 introduce myself
- 3 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 4 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 5 independent travel in India
- 6 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 7 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 8 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 9 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 10 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 11 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 12 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 15 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 16 Magical India
- 17 geisha performance
- 18 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 19 Trip report China
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa