My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 4 My visit to Vietnam
- 5 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 6 New Member
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 8 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 9 Japn tour 10 nights
- 10 5 weeks in Japan
- 11 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 12 My visit to Thailand
- 13 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 14 My visit to Cambodia
- 15 Family Trip to Japan
- 16 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 17 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 18 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 19 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 20 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 21 Nepal
- 22 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 23 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 24 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 25 Gutted!