My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 2 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 3 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 4 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 5 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 meeting at beijing airport
- 9 One week in Tokyo
- 10 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 11 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 12 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 13 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 14 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 15 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 16 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Hotel in Singapore
- 18 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 19 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 20 Bali - January 2015
- 21 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 22 Visa Cambodia
- 23 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 24 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 25 Two questions about Thailand