My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 2 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 3 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 4 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 5 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 6 TGS Tours Jaipur
- 7 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 8 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 9 2-3 days in Georgia
- 10 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 11 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 12 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 13 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 14 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 15 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 16 Where to go on 2.5 week long honeymoon in late June/early July?
- 17 Japan beach resort with toddler in may
- 18 Trip report: 3 weeks backpacking across Indonesia
- 19 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 20 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 21 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 22 Myanmar Damsel Travels & Tours?
- 23 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 24 Japan in July?
- 25 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!