My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi-SR-LP ?
- 2 Six weeks in Mongolia Early Planning
- 3 Thailand For 5 weeks starting 11/5/2015
- 4 Koh phangan or koh lanta December?
- 5 November trip to Myanmar and Cambodia
- 6 Yunnan to Guilin
- 7 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 8 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 9 Honeymoon - Phuket / Kho Lak - Hotel Advice?
- 10 looking for 1 week Vietnam itinerary suggestions
- 11 Hotel recommendation-Ho Chi Minh City
- 12 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 13 Pl suggest itinerary in Taipei / surrounds for 6 nights Nov 2015
- 14 where can I buy IASO?
- 15 Looking for country suggestions for 2 week itinerary for next year's trip
- 16 Chaing Mai how long and 1-day meditation retreat
- 17 HONG KONG: 9 Must-Dine Restaurants To Suit Every Budget
- 18 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 19 Once again, possible Nepal backup
- 20 Thai Air Suspends L.A. Flight
- 21 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 22 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 23 Yangon's growing photography scene
- 24 Bagan must see with a guide
- 25 Okinawa on Anthony Bourdain tonight