My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 2 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 3 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 4 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 5 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 6 Travel during China national week?
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 9 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 10 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 11 Angkor - when to go?
- 12 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 13 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 14 India with 4 kids
- 15 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 16 Destination Bangkok, again
- 17 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 18 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 19 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 20 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 21 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 24 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 25 Bagan Guide Recommendation