My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 You guys have beautiful babies but down for moms watching
- 2 day bus Yangon -Kalaw?
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 6 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 7 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 8 Airport pick up from Narita
- 9 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 10 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 11 help with itinerary!
- 12 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 13 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 14 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 16 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 17 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 18 Christmas Time in India
- 19 Having doubts with China
- 20 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 21 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 22 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 23 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 24 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 25 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop