My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please comment on Thailand and Cambodia Itinerary
- 2 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 3 Mongolia tour or independently
- 4 At the top of Macau Tower!
- 5 Three days in Bangkok
- 6 Khao Lak
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 8 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 9 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 10 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 11 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 12 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 13 Photos from India!
- 14 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 15 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 16 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 17 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 18 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 19 Myanmar River Cruises
- 20 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 21 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 22 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 23 How to handle cash in Japan
- 24 Great Wall hike
- 25 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan