My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 17-Day Itinerary
- 2 vietnam transportation
- 3 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 4 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 5 Need Help for the itinerary
- 6 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 12 days in Japan
- 11 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 12 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 13 Tigerwalah Experience
- 14 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 15 Where best to stay in Penang
- 16 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 17 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 18 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 21 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 22 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 23 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 24 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 25 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation