My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 2 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 3 Vaccinations
- 4 Southern India here we come
- 5 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 6 Chengdu and Beijing
- 7 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 8 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 9 Seoul Searching Questions
- 10 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 11 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 12 2 months in Indonesia
- 13 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 14 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 15 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 16 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 17 I miss Mongolia
- 18 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 19 Visa on Arrival
- 20 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 21 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 22 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 23 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 24 Japanese art
- 25 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??