My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali in begging of July
- 2 Two questions about Thailand
- 3 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 4 fun travel buddy wanted - se asia nov/dec
- 5 Travel to Thailand - Open to suggestions
- 6 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 7 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 8 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 9 Places to visit in India in October
- 10 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 11 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 12 china
- 13 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 14 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 15 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 16 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 17 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 18 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 19 New airport in Mumbai
- 20 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 21 South East Asia
- 22 Driving in Laos
- 23 One week in Tokyo
- 24 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 25 Ideal itereneray for Nepal