My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 2 We should let it out , put on weight and accomplish
- 3 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 4 Tourist spots in Malaysia
- 5 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 6 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 7 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 8 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 9 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 10 perfect Hanoi
- 11 Rental Car Bali
- 12 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 13 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 14 Kintamani Tour
- 15 Some notes about South Korea
- 16 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 17 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 18 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 19 Totally unprepared
- 20 Sulawesi
- 21 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 22 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 23 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 24 passport visa ques.
- 25 Looking for Serviced apt.