My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 2 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 3 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 4 Nancy Chandler maps
- 5 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 6 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?
- 7 Vietnam- when to go to avoid the rain?
- 8 Mekong River Cruises
- 9 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 10 Elephant Village Sanctuary in Luang Prabang - which trip?
- 11 Help re. Visa.
- 12 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 13 Recommended hotels/activities in Huahin
- 14 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 15 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 16 Bangkok and Manila
- 17 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 18 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 19 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 20 16 days in Vietnam
- 21 Guide in Bagan?
- 22 Day Tours Phuket, Krabi
- 23 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 24 Dentist
- 25 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats