My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 3 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 4 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 5 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 6 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 7 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 8 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 9 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 10 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 11 hokkaido outskirts
- 12 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 13 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 14 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 15 July itinerary in Japan
- 16 India and Nepal 2014
- 17 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 18 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 19 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 20 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 21 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 22 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 23 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 24 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 25 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month