My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 3 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 4 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 5 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 9 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 10 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 11 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 12 Japan GTG, early April
- 13 Beijing tours
- 14 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 15 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 16 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 17 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 18 A great trip in India
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 22 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 23 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 24 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan