My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam visa debate
- 2 Silk Road Tour - China
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 4 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 5 Vietnam visa
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Bye bye SE Asia
- 8 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 11 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 12 India Tour Companies
- 13 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Japan rough itinerary
- 16 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 17 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 20 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 23 Japan - costs
- 24 Japan for Foodies
- 25 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand