My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 2 Bangkok, day tours.
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 4 SW CHINA itinerary - Advise PLEASE!
- 5 10-hr layover in Tokyo this Friday, new to JPN
- 6 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 7 Bangkok, Angkor, Hanoi: Questions
- 8 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 9 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 10 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 11 Indonesia, Hello Bali
- 12 Kyushu in late September
- 13 Georgia e-visa application
- 14 Help on Planning my next year itinerary
- 15 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 16 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 17 My First India Trip
- 18 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Is luggage check through available between silk air and air china
- 21 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 22 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 23 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 24 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 25 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures