My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 2 Tipping in India 2017
- 3 sri lanka- tips required
- 4 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 5 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 6 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 7 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 8 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 9 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 10 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 11 Christmas in the Alps
- 12 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 13 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 14 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 15 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 16 Laos or Kerala?
- 17 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 18 Bali & Singapore in October
- 19 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 20 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 21 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 22 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 23 Booking on the fly
- 24 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 25 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary