My husband and I are scrambling to put together an itinerary to Vietnam, Bali and Hong Kong for departure next month. Here is what I've worked out so far, any input would be greatly appreciated!
7/16 evening: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City. Spend 1.5 days.
7/18 fly to Hanoi. Spend 5 days in and around Hanoi, Halong Bay.
7/24 fly to Bali. Spend 2.5 days in Bali.
7/27 fly to Hong Kong. Spend 3 days in Hong Kong.
7/31 fly home.
Some notes: I would have preferred to fly directly to Hanoi and skip HCM this time around but we are booking with miles and that doesn't seem to be possible right now.
After writing this out I am thinking it may make sense to fly out of Hanoi on 7/23 instead of 7/24 to give us an extra day in Bali.
I should also tell you a bit about us: We are interested in a combination of active and relaxing experiences, good food, meeting new people and learning about the culture and history of the places we visit.
Any thoughts? Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 Gutted!
- 5 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 6 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 7 Family Trip to Japan
- 8 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 9 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 10 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 11 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 12 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 13 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 14 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 15 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 16 New Member
- 17 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 18 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 19 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 20 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 21 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 22 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 23 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 24 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 25 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!