I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 4 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 7 Kashmir today
- 8 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 9 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 10 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 11 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 12 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 13 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 14 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 15 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 16 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 17 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 18 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 19 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 20 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 21 Triple Room in Singapore
- 22 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 23 What I like about Mumbai
- 24 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 25 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak