I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 2 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 3 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 4 buying a van in Mongolia
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 7 Japan, japan
- 8 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 9 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 10 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 11 Hong Kong restaurants
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 15 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 16 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 17 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 18 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 19 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 20 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 21 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 22 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 23 How safe is Delhi/India
- 24 Malaria
- 25 Vietnam and coffee