I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 I'm going to Japan!
- 2 Malaria
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 7 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 8 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 9 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 10 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 11 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 12 Cherry blossom
- 13 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 14 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 15 How safe is Delhi/India
- 16 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 17 Which Putu in Bali????
- 18 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 19 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 20 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 21 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 22 Malaysia in September
- 23 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 24 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 25 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?