I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 2 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 3 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 4 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 5 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 6 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 7 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 8 Backstreet Academy
- 9 Seoul Searching Questions
- 10 Hakone station confusion
- 11 Hotel 71 in Dhaka – Best 3 Star Hotel in Dhaka near Airport Bangladesh.
- 12 Japanese art
- 13 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 14 Visa on Arrival
- 15 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 16 Cebu where to stay
- 17 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 18 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 19 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 20 Traveling to SE Asia
- 21 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 22 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 23 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 24 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 25 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013