I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
- 1 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 2 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 3 package tours to thailand, flying from us
- 4 China 2013 - 17 Days, 7 Airlines, 12 Flights, 21,206 Miles
- 5 First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
- 6 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 7 Food in Uzbekistan
- 8 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 9 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 10 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 11 Train Fares in Japan
- 12 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 13 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 14 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 15 Udaipur, India
- 16 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 17 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 18 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 19 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 20 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 21 independent travel in India
- 22 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 23 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang
- 24 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 25 Narita Limousine Bus vs train