I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : China
- 2 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 3 A great trip in India
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 7 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 8 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 9 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 10 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 11 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 16 Takayama trail, Japan
- 17 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 18 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 19 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 20 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 21 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 22 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 23 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 24 Visa for India
- 25 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013