I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 2 Nancy Chandler maps
- 3 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 4 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 5 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 6 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 7 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?
- 8 Vietnam- when to go to avoid the rain?
- 9 Mekong River Cruises
- 10 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 11 Elephant Village Sanctuary in Luang Prabang - which trip?
- 12 Help re. Visa.
- 13 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 14 Recommended hotels/activities in Huahin
- 15 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 16 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 17 Bangkok and Manila
- 18 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 19 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 20 16 days in Vietnam
- 21 Guide in Bagan?
- 22 Day Tours Phuket, Krabi
- 23 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 24 Dentist
- 25 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats