I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Indonesia travel agent
- 2 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 3 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 4 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 Osaka, aquarium?
- 7 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 10 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 11 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 14 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 15 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 16 A beach of choice on Samui
- 17 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 18 Bangkok Taxis
- 19 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 20 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 21 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 22 A month in central Asia
- 23 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 24 Something about... Malaysia
- 25 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013