I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
- 1 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 2 South East Asia
- 3 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 4 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 5 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 6 India's Online VISA Application
- 7 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 8 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 9 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 12 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 13 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 14 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 15 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 16 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 17 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 18 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 19 Magical India
- 20 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 21 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 22 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 23 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 24 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 25 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour