I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Questions
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 4 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 6 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 7 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 8 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 9 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 10 Osaka shopping
- 11 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 12 Takayama ideas in April?
- 13 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 14 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 15 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 16 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 17 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 18 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 19 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 20 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 21 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 22 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 23 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 24 Penang
- 25 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia