I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 2 Independent female traveller
- 3 Castle & King
- 4 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 7 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 8 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 9 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 10 One week in India
- 11 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 12 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 13 North Vietnam Again!
- 14 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 15 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 16 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 17 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 18 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 19 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 20 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 21 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 22 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 23 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 24 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 25 Has anyone seen any tandem bicycle rentals in Luang Prabang?