I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 2 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 5 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 6 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 7 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 8 Totally unprepared
- 9 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 10 Rental Car Bali
- 11 Sulawesi
- 12 Some notes about South Korea
- 13 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 14 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 15 Made the Jump!
- 16 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 17 passport visa ques.
- 18 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 19 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 20 In Seoul for one day
- 21 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013