I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali - January 2015
- 2 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 3 Hotel in Singapore
- 4 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 5 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 6 Visa Cambodia
- 7 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 8 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 9 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 10 Two questions about Thailand
- 11 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan
- 12 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 13 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 14 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 15 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 16 meeting at beijing airport
- 17 Where to eat a traditional Korean banquet in Seoul?
- 18 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 19 Guide cum Driver in Kolkata
- 20 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 21 Bali in begging of July
- 22 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 23 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 24 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 25 Which itinerary Vietnam ?