I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 2 Malaysia travel route help!
- 3 3 weeks itinerary China
- 4 Just back from Sabah, Borneo -- Trip report!!!
- 5 Yangon Made Easy
- 6 hanoi eats
- 7 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 8 A train ride through Java
- 9 JAPANiCAN.com
- 10 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 11 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 12 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 13 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 14 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 15 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 16 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 17 New Delhi - What to see?
- 18 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 19 Travel in Kyushu.
- 20 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 21 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 22 Bicycle riding required?
- 23 Castle & King tour questions
- 24 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 25 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013