I wanted to get your thoughts on the following itinerary:
1/1 Depart NYC
1/2 Arrive Siam Riep late night - 4 nights in Siam Riep
1/6 Fly to Luang Prabang, 3 nights in Luang Prabang
1/9 Fly to Hanoi, Hanoi - 4 nights in Hanoi, 1 night on Halong Bay - we'll probably do this as 1-1-3, unless you suggest otherwise
1/14 Fly to Hoi An - 3 nights in Hoi An
1/17 Fly to HCMC, HCMC - 3 nights
1/20 Fly back to NYC
We really wanted to see Sapa, but don't have enough time. Originally, we had planned to go to Nha Trang for the beaches, but are skipping this for Hoi An to get a mix of culture and beaches. I know we are missing a lot in Vietnam, but this is all the time we had, and we don't know when we'll be able to go to this part of the world again, so we didn't want to miss Angkor or Luang Prabang.
With that being said, do you think we are spending too few/too many days in any of the locations? We might be doing too much time in Hanoi and/or Siam Riep - should we add it elsewhere, like Hoi An or Luang Prabang? I have a feeling we are going to love Luang Prabang and not want to leave!
For context, my husband and I are 30, in good health, and like a mix of sightseeing, eating/drinking, meandering around. We are the not the types to go through every attraction in a city or have exhaustive itineraries. Once we see a few of the major sites in depth, we like to do other things.
As always, thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yunnan to Guilin
- 2 Best beach in December
- 3 Hotel swimming pools - Delhi and Kolkata and more
- 4 Paddy fields in Vietnam
- 5 Vietnam, or ?, Cruise, or ?
- 6 Christmas in Cambodia
- 7 Christmas in Bali
- 8 China visa
- 9 Help with choosing guided tour
- 10 Trip Report with Pictures and HD Video: Middle East & India
- 11 Japan: SIM card vs. MiFi
- 12 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 13 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 14 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 15 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 16 Visa to Beijing China
- 17 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 18 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 19 Hotel in Langkawi
- 20 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 21 Good restaurants in Shanghai
- 22 Flight from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai
- 23 Japanese Alps
- 24 One month in Java and Bali
- 25 Visa Service Referral Needed
Itinerary Check for Siam Riep, Laung Prabang, Vietnam - Jan 2013