We are planning and re-planning our Indian trip for the past 2 weeks and now we are in a stage when we desperately need some feedback from the experienced Fodorists
I would really appreciate if you can provide some comments on our trip.
Our main purpose for visiting India is a wedding of our friends in Derahdun (app 300 km north from Delhi).
But as it is the first trip to India for most of us, we would like to see as much as possible in the short time we have
We will stay 9 full days arriving and departing from Delhi. Unfortunately the weddings is exactly in the middle of our trip so we have to plan our travels around it.
Here is the itineraries we came up with after long discussions, searching internet and reading travel blogs:
Day 1: arrive at Delhi at 3:30 am and take a flight to Jaipur at 7:00 am. Spend the remaining of the day in Jaipur trying to get used to India
Day 2: Jaipur sightseeing (City Palace, Palace of the Wind, Galta Monkey Temple, Amber fort, Jantar Mantar Observatory)
Day 3: a day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur (with a car?)
Day 4: a early flight to Delhi, drop the bags at the train station, explore Delhi. Catch a night train to Dehradun at 23.30
Day 5 & 6: wedding in Dehradun
Day 7: flight from Dehradun to Delhi and taking it easy for the rest of the day
Day 8: 6 am train to Agra and the latest possible train back. We plan to rent a taxi for a day to see Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri
Day 9: Delhi sightseeing
A bit of our background - we are 3 people all in our early 30th.
And short nights and tough traveling is not really a problem. We are all prepared to come back home dead tired anyway.
Thanks for your comments in advance!
itineraries for Jaipur/ Delhi & Agra + a weddign in between
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Independent female traveller
- 2 Tour company practices
- 3 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 4 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 5 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 6 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 7 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 8 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 9 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 10 Help! Which to choose?
- 11 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 12 North Vietnam Again!
- 13 Passport Safety
- 14 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 15 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 16 Castle & King
- 17 Mt Aso Eruption
- 18 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 19 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 20 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 21 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 22 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 23 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 24 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 25 One week in India