We are planning and re-planning our Indian trip for the past 2 weeks and now we are in a stage when we desperately need some feedback from the experienced Fodorists
I would really appreciate if you can provide some comments on our trip.
Our main purpose for visiting India is a wedding of our friends in Derahdun (app 300 km north from Delhi).
But as it is the first trip to India for most of us, we would like to see as much as possible in the short time we have
We will stay 9 full days arriving and departing from Delhi. Unfortunately the weddings is exactly in the middle of our trip so we have to plan our travels around it.
Here is the itineraries we came up with after long discussions, searching internet and reading travel blogs:
Day 1: arrive at Delhi at 3:30 am and take a flight to Jaipur at 7:00 am. Spend the remaining of the day in Jaipur trying to get used to India
Day 2: Jaipur sightseeing (City Palace, Palace of the Wind, Galta Monkey Temple, Amber fort, Jantar Mantar Observatory)
Day 3: a day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur (with a car?)
Day 4: a early flight to Delhi, drop the bags at the train station, explore Delhi. Catch a night train to Dehradun at 23.30
Day 5 & 6: wedding in Dehradun
Day 7: flight from Dehradun to Delhi and taking it easy for the rest of the day
Day 8: 6 am train to Agra and the latest possible train back. We plan to rent a taxi for a day to see Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri
Day 9: Delhi sightseeing
A bit of our background - we are 3 people all in our early 30th.
And short nights and tough traveling is not really a problem. We are all prepared to come back home dead tired anyway.
Thanks for your comments in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nam Du island in Viet Nam detail review
- 2 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 3 thai baht allowance
- 4 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 5 Is this crazy?
- 6 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 7 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 8 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 9 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 10 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 11 In Seoul for one day
- 12 Japan & WiFi
- 13 Bali airport transportation
- 14 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 15 Travel Itenary
- 16 Halong Bay cruise
- 17 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 18 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 19 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 20 Passport for Indonesia
- 21 Fabric shops in India
- 22 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 23 japan itenirary help
- 24 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 25 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
itineraries for Jaipur/ Delhi & Agra + a weddign in between