We are planning and re-planning our Indian trip for the past 2 weeks and now we are in a stage when we desperately need some feedback from the experienced Fodorists
I would really appreciate if you can provide some comments on our trip.
Our main purpose for visiting India is a wedding of our friends in Derahdun (app 300 km north from Delhi).
But as it is the first trip to India for most of us, we would like to see as much as possible in the short time we have
We will stay 9 full days arriving and departing from Delhi. Unfortunately the weddings is exactly in the middle of our trip so we have to plan our travels around it.
Here is the itineraries we came up with after long discussions, searching internet and reading travel blogs:
Day 1: arrive at Delhi at 3:30 am and take a flight to Jaipur at 7:00 am. Spend the remaining of the day in Jaipur trying to get used to India
Day 2: Jaipur sightseeing (City Palace, Palace of the Wind, Galta Monkey Temple, Amber fort, Jantar Mantar Observatory)
Day 3: a day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur (with a car?)
Day 4: a early flight to Delhi, drop the bags at the train station, explore Delhi. Catch a night train to Dehradun at 23.30
Day 5 & 6: wedding in Dehradun
Day 7: flight from Dehradun to Delhi and taking it easy for the rest of the day
Day 8: 6 am train to Agra and the latest possible train back. We plan to rent a taxi for a day to see Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri
Day 9: Delhi sightseeing
A bit of our background - we are 3 people all in our early 30th.
And short nights and tough traveling is not really a problem. We are all prepared to come back home dead tired anyway.
Thanks for your comments in advance!
itineraries for Jaipur/ Delhi & Agra + a weddign in between
- 1 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 2 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 3 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 4 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 5 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 6 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 7 Travel Insurance
- 8 Anyone in Bangkok
- 9 South East Asia
- 10 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 11 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 12 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 13 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 14 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 15 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 16 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 19 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 22 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 23 1 week Philippines
- 24 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 25 Japan: best time to go?