We are planning and re-planning our Indian trip for the past 2 weeks and now we are in a stage when we desperately need some feedback from the experienced Fodorists
I would really appreciate if you can provide some comments on our trip.
Our main purpose for visiting India is a wedding of our friends in Derahdun (app 300 km north from Delhi).
But as it is the first trip to India for most of us, we would like to see as much as possible in the short time we have
We will stay 9 full days arriving and departing from Delhi. Unfortunately the weddings is exactly in the middle of our trip so we have to plan our travels around it.
Here is the itineraries we came up with after long discussions, searching internet and reading travel blogs:
Day 1: arrive at Delhi at 3:30 am and take a flight to Jaipur at 7:00 am. Spend the remaining of the day in Jaipur trying to get used to India
Day 2: Jaipur sightseeing (City Palace, Palace of the Wind, Galta Monkey Temple, Amber fort, Jantar Mantar Observatory)
Day 3: a day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur (with a car?)
Day 4: a early flight to Delhi, drop the bags at the train station, explore Delhi. Catch a night train to Dehradun at 23.30
Day 5 & 6: wedding in Dehradun
Day 7: flight from Dehradun to Delhi and taking it easy for the rest of the day
Day 8: 6 am train to Agra and the latest possible train back. We plan to rent a taxi for a day to see Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri
Day 9: Delhi sightseeing
A bit of our background - we are 3 people all in our early 30th.
And short nights and tough traveling is not really a problem. We are all prepared to come back home dead tired anyway.
Thanks for your comments in advance!
itineraries for Jaipur/ Delhi & Agra + a weddign in between
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 2 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 3 Avoid China Foreign Teacher Job Recruiter Scams With CFTU White Lists...
- 4 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 5 Malaysia travel route help!
- 6 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 7 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 8 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 9 Travel Insurance
- 10 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 11 July 2008 in India: a slightly odd trip report
- 12 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 13 china beijing expertise education
- 14 best dining in Kyoto
- 15 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 16 6.5 days in Java and Bali
- 17 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 18 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 19 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 20 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 21 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 22 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 23 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 24 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 25 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka