We are planning and re-planning our Indian trip for the past 2 weeks and now we are in a stage when we desperately need some feedback from the experienced Fodorists
I would really appreciate if you can provide some comments on our trip.
Our main purpose for visiting India is a wedding of our friends in Derahdun (app 300 km north from Delhi).
But as it is the first trip to India for most of us, we would like to see as much as possible in the short time we have
We will stay 9 full days arriving and departing from Delhi. Unfortunately the weddings is exactly in the middle of our trip so we have to plan our travels around it.
Here is the itineraries we came up with after long discussions, searching internet and reading travel blogs:
Day 1: arrive at Delhi at 3:30 am and take a flight to Jaipur at 7:00 am. Spend the remaining of the day in Jaipur trying to get used to India
Day 2: Jaipur sightseeing (City Palace, Palace of the Wind, Galta Monkey Temple, Amber fort, Jantar Mantar Observatory)
Day 3: a day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur (with a car?)
Day 4: a early flight to Delhi, drop the bags at the train station, explore Delhi. Catch a night train to Dehradun at 23.30
Day 5 & 6: wedding in Dehradun
Day 7: flight from Dehradun to Delhi and taking it easy for the rest of the day
Day 8: 6 am train to Agra and the latest possible train back. We plan to rent a taxi for a day to see Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri
Day 9: Delhi sightseeing
A bit of our background - we are 3 people all in our early 30th.
And short nights and tough traveling is not really a problem. We are all prepared to come back home dead tired anyway.
Thanks for your comments in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 2 Mumbai Top Packers and Movers
- 3 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 4 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 5 Hanoi Hotel
- 6 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 7 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 8 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 9 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 10 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 11 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 12 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 13 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 14 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 15 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 16 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 17 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 18 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 19 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 20 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 21 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 24 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 25 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
itineraries for Jaipur/ Delhi & Agra + a weddign in between