We are planning and re-planning our Indian trip for the past 2 weeks and now we are in a stage when we desperately need some feedback from the experienced Fodorists
I would really appreciate if you can provide some comments on our trip.
Our main purpose for visiting India is a wedding of our friends in Derahdun (app 300 km north from Delhi).
But as it is the first trip to India for most of us, we would like to see as much as possible in the short time we have
We will stay 9 full days arriving and departing from Delhi. Unfortunately the weddings is exactly in the middle of our trip so we have to plan our travels around it.
Here is the itineraries we came up with after long discussions, searching internet and reading travel blogs:
Day 1: arrive at Delhi at 3:30 am and take a flight to Jaipur at 7:00 am. Spend the remaining of the day in Jaipur trying to get used to India
Day 2: Jaipur sightseeing (City Palace, Palace of the Wind, Galta Monkey Temple, Amber fort, Jantar Mantar Observatory)
Day 3: a day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur (with a car?)
Day 4: a early flight to Delhi, drop the bags at the train station, explore Delhi. Catch a night train to Dehradun at 23.30
Day 5 & 6: wedding in Dehradun
Day 7: flight from Dehradun to Delhi and taking it easy for the rest of the day
Day 8: 6 am train to Agra and the latest possible train back. We plan to rent a taxi for a day to see Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri
Day 9: Delhi sightseeing
A bit of our background - we are 3 people all in our early 30th.
And short nights and tough traveling is not really a problem. We are all prepared to come back home dead tired anyway.
Thanks for your comments in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 2 Some notes about South Korea
- 3 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 4 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 5 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 6 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 7 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 8 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 9 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 10 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 11 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 12 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 13 Totally unprepared
- 14 Rental Car Bali
- 15 Sulawesi
- 16 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 17 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 18 Made the Jump!
- 19 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 20 passport visa ques.
- 21 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 22 In Seoul for one day
- 23 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 24 A great trip in India
- 25 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
itineraries for Jaipur/ Delhi & Agra + a weddign in between