We are planning and re-planning our Indian trip for the past 2 weeks and now we are in a stage when we desperately need some feedback from the experienced Fodorists
I would really appreciate if you can provide some comments on our trip.
Our main purpose for visiting India is a wedding of our friends in Derahdun (app 300 km north from Delhi).
But as it is the first trip to India for most of us, we would like to see as much as possible in the short time we have
We will stay 9 full days arriving and departing from Delhi. Unfortunately the weddings is exactly in the middle of our trip so we have to plan our travels around it.
Here is the itineraries we came up with after long discussions, searching internet and reading travel blogs:
Day 1: arrive at Delhi at 3:30 am and take a flight to Jaipur at 7:00 am. Spend the remaining of the day in Jaipur trying to get used to India
Day 2: Jaipur sightseeing (City Palace, Palace of the Wind, Galta Monkey Temple, Amber fort, Jantar Mantar Observatory)
Day 3: a day trip to Pushkar from Jaipur (with a car?)
Day 4: a early flight to Delhi, drop the bags at the train station, explore Delhi. Catch a night train to Dehradun at 23.30
Day 5 & 6: wedding in Dehradun
Day 7: flight from Dehradun to Delhi and taking it easy for the rest of the day
Day 8: 6 am train to Agra and the latest possible train back. We plan to rent a taxi for a day to see Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri
Day 9: Delhi sightseeing
A bit of our background - we are 3 people all in our early 30th.
And short nights and tough traveling is not really a problem. We are all prepared to come back home dead tired anyway.
Thanks for your comments in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Why You Should Opt For Semi Permanent Make Up?
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 4 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 9 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Lodge in Borneo
- 12 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 13 China and Japan help
- 14 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 15 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 16 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 17 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 18 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 19 Requesting Passport Number
- 20 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 21 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 22 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 23 Phu Quoc
- 24 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 25 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
itineraries for Jaipur/ Delhi & Agra + a weddign in between