I'm planning a trip to Cambodia for next month for 8 days with my boyfriend. I will arrive 8/23 into Phnom Penh and will depart from Siem Reap on 8/31. I've done some reading about the islands off the coast of Cambodia from Sihanoukville and they seem really cool.
We were thinking of the following itinerary:
8/23 Arrive in PP from New York, stay in PP this night.
8/24, 25 in PP
8/26 take the Giant Ibis bus from PP to Sihanoukville, then take a boat out to one of the islands. Spend the night on an island.
8/27 fly(?) from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap
8/27, 28, 29, 30 in SR
8/31 fly from SR to New York.
My questions are:
1. Do you think this is doable?
2. Would you take any days away from one area and add them to another? (Perhaps one away from PP and add on another night on an island?)
3. Which of the islands would you most recommend? (Was looking at this, but it is from over a year ago: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/220)
4. What would be the best way to get from Sihanoukville to SR? I read in some places that there are flights that go out, but cant seem to find them. It seems that we could also take a bus back to PP and then onto SR, but that seems like a long, wasted day.
About me: I'm in my late 20s, and have never been to Asia. I'll be meeting my boyfriend there, who will be in the middle of a 6 week trip in SE Asia. We are looking to enjoy culture, nature, history, and relax a little bit. We are not as interested in nightlife or cities (because we live in big cities on the East Coast of the US).
Islands of Cambodia during a short stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 2 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 3 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 4 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Osaka shopping
- 8 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 9 Penang
- 10 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 11 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 12 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 13 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 14 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 15 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 16 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 17 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 18 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 19 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 20 Takayama ideas in April?
- 21 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 22 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 23 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 24 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 25 4-1/2 days in Seoul