I'm planning a trip to Cambodia for next month for 8 days with my boyfriend. I will arrive 8/23 into Phnom Penh and will depart from Siem Reap on 8/31. I've done some reading about the islands off the coast of Cambodia from Sihanoukville and they seem really cool.
We were thinking of the following itinerary:
8/23 Arrive in PP from New York, stay in PP this night.
8/24, 25 in PP
8/26 take the Giant Ibis bus from PP to Sihanoukville, then take a boat out to one of the islands. Spend the night on an island.
8/27 fly(?) from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap
8/27, 28, 29, 30 in SR
8/31 fly from SR to New York.
My questions are:
1. Do you think this is doable?
2. Would you take any days away from one area and add them to another? (Perhaps one away from PP and add on another night on an island?)
3. Which of the islands would you most recommend? (Was looking at this, but it is from over a year ago: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/220)
4. What would be the best way to get from Sihanoukville to SR? I read in some places that there are flights that go out, but cant seem to find them. It seems that we could also take a bus back to PP and then onto SR, but that seems like a long, wasted day.
About me: I'm in my late 20s, and have never been to Asia. I'll be meeting my boyfriend there, who will be in the middle of a 6 week trip in SE Asia. We are looking to enjoy culture, nature, history, and relax a little bit. We are not as interested in nightlife or cities (because we live in big cities on the East Coast of the US).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 his transferences us to the f
- 2 Which is the best place for Valentines Day Travel Gifts for wife
- 3 Traveling to SE Asia
- 4 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 5 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 6 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 7 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 8 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 9 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 10 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 11 Liza, a hot Russian Escort in Guangzhou
- 12 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 13 welcome to riverside bamboo resort hoi an
- 14 discernible differences and wrinkles, expanding collagen
- 15 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 16 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 17 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 18 Hakone station confusion
- 19 TOKYO tour guide
- 20 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 21 1 month in Thailand and??
- 22 Kimballs in Panama
- 23 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &
- 24 Visa on Arrival
- 25 first draft -- java and bali, plus