I'm planning a trip to Cambodia for next month for 8 days with my boyfriend. I will arrive 8/23 into Phnom Penh and will depart from Siem Reap on 8/31. I've done some reading about the islands off the coast of Cambodia from Sihanoukville and they seem really cool.
We were thinking of the following itinerary:
8/23 Arrive in PP from New York, stay in PP this night.
8/24, 25 in PP
8/26 take the Giant Ibis bus from PP to Sihanoukville, then take a boat out to one of the islands. Spend the night on an island.
8/27 fly(?) from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap
8/27, 28, 29, 30 in SR
8/31 fly from SR to New York.
My questions are:
1. Do you think this is doable?
2. Would you take any days away from one area and add them to another? (Perhaps one away from PP and add on another night on an island?)
3. Which of the islands would you most recommend? (Was looking at this, but it is from over a year ago: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/220)
4. What would be the best way to get from Sihanoukville to SR? I read in some places that there are flights that go out, but cant seem to find them. It seems that we could also take a bus back to PP and then onto SR, but that seems like a long, wasted day.
About me: I'm in my late 20s, and have never been to Asia. I'll be meeting my boyfriend there, who will be in the middle of a 6 week trip in SE Asia. We are looking to enjoy culture, nature, history, and relax a little bit. We are not as interested in nightlife or cities (because we live in big cities on the East Coast of the US).
Islands of Cambodia during a short stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 2 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 4 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 5 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 6 Christmas Time in India
- 7 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 8 Having doubts with China
- 9 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 10 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 11 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 12 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 13 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 14 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 15 help with itinerary!
- 16 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 17 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 18 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 19 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 20 Myanmar podcast
- 21 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 22 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 23 Burma with a toddler
- 24 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 25 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?