I'm planning a trip to Cambodia for next month for 8 days with my boyfriend. I will arrive 8/23 into Phnom Penh and will depart from Siem Reap on 8/31. I've done some reading about the islands off the coast of Cambodia from Sihanoukville and they seem really cool.
We were thinking of the following itinerary:
8/23 Arrive in PP from New York, stay in PP this night.
8/24, 25 in PP
8/26 take the Giant Ibis bus from PP to Sihanoukville, then take a boat out to one of the islands. Spend the night on an island.
8/27 fly(?) from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap
8/27, 28, 29, 30 in SR
8/31 fly from SR to New York.
My questions are:
1. Do you think this is doable?
2. Would you take any days away from one area and add them to another? (Perhaps one away from PP and add on another night on an island?)
3. Which of the islands would you most recommend? (Was looking at this, but it is from over a year ago: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/220)
4. What would be the best way to get from Sihanoukville to SR? I read in some places that there are flights that go out, but cant seem to find them. It seems that we could also take a bus back to PP and then onto SR, but that seems like a long, wasted day.
About me: I'm in my late 20s, and have never been to Asia. I'll be meeting my boyfriend there, who will be in the middle of a 6 week trip in SE Asia. We are looking to enjoy culture, nature, history, and relax a little bit. We are not as interested in nightlife or cities (because we live in big cities on the East Coast of the US).
Islands of Cambodia during a short stay
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 2 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 3 Connaught Place
- 4 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 5 Free and best app for searching restaurants in China
- 6 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 7 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 8 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 9 Nepal- recipe?
- 10 vietnam and laos
- 11 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 12 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 13 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 14 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 15 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 16 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 17 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 18 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 19 My SEA trip - photos update
- 20 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 21 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 22 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 23 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 24 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 25 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!