I'm planning a trip to Cambodia for next month for 8 days with my boyfriend. I will arrive 8/23 into Phnom Penh and will depart from Siem Reap on 8/31. I've done some reading about the islands off the coast of Cambodia from Sihanoukville and they seem really cool.
We were thinking of the following itinerary:
8/23 Arrive in PP from New York, stay in PP this night.
8/24, 25 in PP
8/26 take the Giant Ibis bus from PP to Sihanoukville, then take a boat out to one of the islands. Spend the night on an island.
8/27 fly(?) from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap
8/27, 28, 29, 30 in SR
8/31 fly from SR to New York.
My questions are:
1. Do you think this is doable?
2. Would you take any days away from one area and add them to another? (Perhaps one away from PP and add on another night on an island?)
3. Which of the islands would you most recommend? (Was looking at this, but it is from over a year ago: http://www.travelfish.org/feature/220)
4. What would be the best way to get from Sihanoukville to SR? I read in some places that there are flights that go out, but cant seem to find them. It seems that we could also take a bus back to PP and then onto SR, but that seems like a long, wasted day.
About me: I'm in my late 20s, and have never been to Asia. I'll be meeting my boyfriend there, who will be in the middle of a 6 week trip in SE Asia. We are looking to enjoy culture, nature, history, and relax a little bit. We are not as interested in nightlife or cities (because we live in big cities on the East Coast of the US).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hoi Ann hotel
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Place to stay Hue
- 5 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 6 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 7 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 8 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 9 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 10 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 11 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 12 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 13 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 14 India help needed
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 16 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 17 Trekking outside Sapa
- 18 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 19 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 22 Go to Pai or not?
- 23 Ko Kraden hotels
- 24 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 25 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?