My husband and I just returned this week from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan. We are a couple (from India) in our late 30s/early 40s living in NYC. Our names are NOT Ishaani and Ranvir, but that's what most everyone in Uzbekistan called us during our time there. Why? Because, as we soon discovered, there are the lead characters in a very popular Indian soap/TV serial that airs every evening at 7pm and watched by every Uzbek. Everywhere we went, we heard murmurs of Ishaani all around us. We were treated like celebrities and posed for more pictures with locals that we can count - both old and young, men and women and giggling teenage girls, with some women going so far as to hold on tightly to my husband. It was all very entertaining and fun.
I'll be back with a trip report soon, but wanted to go ahead and post a video of a Mongolian quartet playing soulful chanting music at the Sharq International Music Festival that we were lucky to catch at the Registan in Samarkand - beautiful music in a stunning setting. Hope you enjoy.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 (+91-889O248O8O) Love vashikaran SpecialisT Molvi ji Australia
- 2 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 3 Japan Itinerary!
- 4 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 5 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 6 Himachal Pradesh
- 7 Luggage size China ?
- 8 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 9 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 10 Thai Elephants
- 11 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 12 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 13 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 14 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 15 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 16 Sri Lanka in August
- 17 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 18 India itinerary critique please
- 19 Japan/Korea/HK
- 20 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 21 Vientiane and ??
- 22 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 23 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 24 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 25 Impressions of India
"Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan