In beginning phase of planning first time trip to China mid-October and would prefer to not visit Xian....but it's on most itineraries. I've heard a lecture about the first emperor, seen slides about the terra cotta warriors and their site, and it just doesn't really appeal to us. Am I missing something? Is seeing them in person and visiting the rest of Xian important to get a better picture of China? Right now, I'm thinking of booking Wild China tours for our trip. I really don't want to do China on our own, despite our history of only independent travel.
I'm planning to see Beijing, Yunnan, Guilin, Shanghai (& Hangzhou), and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 2 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 3 3 weeks in Japan
- 4 New Years in Japan
- 5 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 6 A first time for everything in Japan
- 7 India Tour Companies
- 8 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 9 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 10 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 11 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 14 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 15 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 16 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 17 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 18 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 19 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 20 Vietnam Dong
- 21 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 22 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 23 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand