In beginning phase of planning first time trip to China mid-October and would prefer to not visit Xian....but it's on most itineraries. I've heard a lecture about the first emperor, seen slides about the terra cotta warriors and their site, and it just doesn't really appeal to us. Am I missing something? Is seeing them in person and visiting the rest of Xian important to get a better picture of China? Right now, I'm thinking of booking Wild China tours for our trip. I really don't want to do China on our own, despite our history of only independent travel.
I'm planning to see Beijing, Yunnan, Guilin, Shanghai (& Hangzhou), and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help!
Is Xian worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 2 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 3 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 4 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 5 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 6 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 7 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 8 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 9 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 10 First time to srilanka
- 11 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 12 where can i find replica handbags
- 13 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 14 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 15 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 16 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 19 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 20 Nepal
- 21 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 22 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 23 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 24 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 25 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??