In beginning phase of planning first time trip to China mid-October and would prefer to not visit Xian....but it's on most itineraries. I've heard a lecture about the first emperor, seen slides about the terra cotta warriors and their site, and it just doesn't really appeal to us. Am I missing something? Is seeing them in person and visiting the rest of Xian important to get a better picture of China? Right now, I'm thinking of booking Wild China tours for our trip. I really don't want to do China on our own, despite our history of only independent travel.
I'm planning to see Beijing, Yunnan, Guilin, Shanghai (& Hangzhou), and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help!
Is Xian worth it?
- 1 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 2 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 3 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 4 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 5 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 6 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 7 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 8 Magical India
- 9 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 10 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 11 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 12 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 13 South East Asia
- 14 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 15 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 16 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 17 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 18 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 19 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 20 Indian Visa
- 21 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 22 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 23 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 24 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 25 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?