In beginning phase of planning first time trip to China mid-October and would prefer to not visit Xian....but it's on most itineraries. I've heard a lecture about the first emperor, seen slides about the terra cotta warriors and their site, and it just doesn't really appeal to us. Am I missing something? Is seeing them in person and visiting the rest of Xian important to get a better picture of China? Right now, I'm thinking of booking Wild China tours for our trip. I really don't want to do China on our own, despite our history of only independent travel.
I'm planning to see Beijing, Yunnan, Guilin, Shanghai (& Hangzhou), and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Place to stay Hue
- 2 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 3 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 4 Hotel in Hanoi
- 5 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 6 Go to Pai or not?
- 7 Ko Kraden hotels
- 8 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 9 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 10 India help needed
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 12 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 15 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 16 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 17 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 18 Trekking outside Sapa
- 19 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 22 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 23 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 24 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 25 Thai Island Itinerary