In beginning phase of planning first time trip to China mid-October and would prefer to not visit Xian....but it's on most itineraries. I've heard a lecture about the first emperor, seen slides about the terra cotta warriors and their site, and it just doesn't really appeal to us. Am I missing something? Is seeing them in person and visiting the rest of Xian important to get a better picture of China? Right now, I'm thinking of booking Wild China tours for our trip. I really don't want to do China on our own, despite our history of only independent travel.
I'm planning to see Beijing, Yunnan, Guilin, Shanghai (& Hangzhou), and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 MSN@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 3 Recommend the best way to get to Hoi An from Hue
- 4 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 5 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 6 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 7 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 8 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 9 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 10 Something about... Malaysia
- 11 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 12 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 13 Budget Servied Apt
- 14 Terracotta Warriors
- 15 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 16 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 17 hiking japan sept
- 18 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 19 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 20 The best way to My Son
- 21 Japan Itinerary!
- 22 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 23 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 24 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 25 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report