In beginning phase of planning first time trip to China mid-October and would prefer to not visit Xian....but it's on most itineraries. I've heard a lecture about the first emperor, seen slides about the terra cotta warriors and their site, and it just doesn't really appeal to us. Am I missing something? Is seeing them in person and visiting the rest of Xian important to get a better picture of China? Right now, I'm thinking of booking Wild China tours for our trip. I really don't want to do China on our own, despite our history of only independent travel.
I'm planning to see Beijing, Yunnan, Guilin, Shanghai (& Hangzhou), and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Beautiful location for painting
- 2 Phuket
- 3 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 4 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 5 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 6 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 7 Train Travel in Thailand
- 8 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 9 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 10 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 11 Tips for Myanmar in October
- 12 NOT the Same Visa on Arrival Question... Sorta
- 13 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 14 New luxury hotel in Singapore
- 15 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 16 Hotels in Krabi area
- 17 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 18 Tokyo hotels
- 19 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 20 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 21 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 22 Adventures Abroad
- 23 4.5 days in Singapore
- 24 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 25 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?