In beginning phase of planning first time trip to China mid-October and would prefer to not visit Xian....but it's on most itineraries. I've heard a lecture about the first emperor, seen slides about the terra cotta warriors and their site, and it just doesn't really appeal to us. Am I missing something? Is seeing them in person and visiting the rest of Xian important to get a better picture of China? Right now, I'm thinking of booking Wild China tours for our trip. I really don't want to do China on our own, despite our history of only independent travel.
I'm planning to see Beijing, Yunnan, Guilin, Shanghai (& Hangzhou), and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 2 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 3 Bali - What to do?
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 6 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 7 Being customs
- 8 Itinerary feedback please
- 9 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 10 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 11 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 12 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 13 Tips in Myanmar
- 14 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 15 Road Scholar tour in China
- 16 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 17 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 18 myanmar
- 19 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 20 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 21 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 22 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 23 A beach of choice on Samui
- 24 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 25 Travel India solo