In beginning phase of planning first time trip to China mid-October and would prefer to not visit Xian....but it's on most itineraries. I've heard a lecture about the first emperor, seen slides about the terra cotta warriors and their site, and it just doesn't really appeal to us. Am I missing something? Is seeing them in person and visiting the rest of Xian important to get a better picture of China? Right now, I'm thinking of booking Wild China tours for our trip. I really don't want to do China on our own, despite our history of only independent travel.
I'm planning to see Beijing, Yunnan, Guilin, Shanghai (& Hangzhou), and Hong Kong.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 2 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 3 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 4 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 5 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 6 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 7 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 8 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 9 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 10 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 11 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 12 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 13 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 14 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 15 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 16 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 17 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 18 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?
- 19 Advice on 6 day itinerary
- 20 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 21 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 22 Taipei National Palace Museum
- 23 8.5 Days in Vietnam
- 24 Private Asia tours to Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia...
- 25 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses