The more I read the more I like these places for our family of five. Looking to travel with our three college kids this January. At first I thought Vietnam only but now I find myself thinking of Laos. We are looking for a cultural experience with time to be together. I don't need to go to cities just to say I saw them? Thoughts? From my reading these three places seem most interesting for our family. We have 14 nights total.
Is this crazy? Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Hoi an?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 2 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 3 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 4 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 5 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 6 Help! Which to choose?
- 7 North Vietnam Again!
- 8 Castle & King
- 9 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 10 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 11 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 12 One week in Thailand
- 13 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 14 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 India and Nepal 2014
- 17 Independent female traveller
- 18 Tour company practices
- 19 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 20 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 21 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 22 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 23 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 24 Passport Safety
- 25 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)