Been trying to sort out a trip with my 7 year old daughter for her half-term break at the end of May, her original preference was to go somewhere warm where the ocean would also be warm as she loves the beach and swimming but dislikes cold water
For warmer destinations so far I had looked at Sri Lanka and Thailand as they came within budget
My daughter then decided to mention she'd like to go to Disneyland and one she hasn't been to which rather limited the choice (would like a change from the US so only Tokyo left), however she still likes the idea of going somewhere warm, as we have 9 days holiday, if we were to spend a few days in Tokyo would it be completely mad to then fly elsewhere and have some beach time as well?
Is this completely mad or can I make this work?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for May
- 2 General question
- 3 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 4 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 5 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 6 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 7 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 8 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 9 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 10 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 11 South Korea 5 days
- 12 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 13 Thai island escape
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 16 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 17 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 18 Phuket Hotel
- 19 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 20 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 24 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 25 Delving into Kyushu, plus Osaka, Kyoto, Kurashiki, and Tokyo