I posted this to Vietnam incorrectly.
Here is an itinerary that a tour agency sent me:
Day 1: Q Beijing
On arrival in Beijing, meet our guide and transfer to hotel. The rest of day is at leisure.
Day 2: Tiananmen Square Forbidden City Temple of Heaven
Pick up from your hotel at 08:30 am. Visit to the Tiananmen Square. Then move on to the Forbidden City. After lunch, visit the Temple of Heaven. Visit the number 1 pearl market for shopping. Transfer back to your hotel.( B+L )
Day 3: Badaling Great Wall Ming Tomb Beijing Opera
Morning tour features the Badaling Great Wal. After Chinese style lunch you will be driven to visit Changling Mausoleum, the largest one of the 13 Ming Tombs. Dinner will be the most famous Beijing cuisine, Beijing Roast Duck and enjoy the Beijing Opera after dinner. ( B+L+D )
Day 4: Summer Palace Hutong Tour Family Visit Drum Tower Free Market
Take rickshaw (Jianozi) to explore the picturesque Shishahai Lake area and Hutong, the traditional building complex formed by four houses around a quadrangular courtyard. Visit a free market and the Drum Tower where visitors will enjoy a bird view of the ancient city. Cook and enjoy your lunch in a common Beijing family. This afternoon you will visit the Summer Palace and enjoy free shopping at pearl complex. Transfer back to hotel. (B+L)
Day 5: Beijing Q Xian Ancient City Wall Bell & Drum Tower Square Ancient Cultural Street
After breakfast, pick up from your hotel and transfer to the airport and take a 2-hour flight to Xian. On arrival you will be met by our guide and transferred to your hotel. City tour features the Ancient City Wall. Followed by the Bell & Drum Tower Square and Ancient Cultural Street. Transfer back to hotel. ( B+L )
Day 6: Terracotta Warriors Shaanxi Museum Big Wild Goose Pagoda Tang Dynasty Show
Our sightseeing today features the Terracotta warriors and Shaanxi Museum. Tour will finish with the Big Wild Goose Pagoda which was built by one of the Tang Dynasty emperors as an act of filial piety to honor his mother. Enjoy your dinner at local restaurants and the Tang Dynasty Show will be your evening entertainment . (B+L+D)
Day 7: Xian Q Lhasa
Transfer to airport to connect the flight for Lhasa. On arrival, meet our local guide and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day free to acclimatize to high altitude. (B)
Day 8: Potala Palace Jokhang Monastery Tibet Museum Barkhor Street
Pick up from your hotel about 09:00am. Morning tour will be the Potala Palace and Bajiao Street. After Chinese style lunch, visit the Jokhang Monastery and the Tibet Museum. (B+L)
Day 9: Sera Monastery Norbu Lingka
Pick up from your hotel about 09:00am. Highlights of visit this morning is Sera Monastery. After Chinese style lunch, visit the Norbu Lingka. ( B+L )
Day 10: Lhasa Q Shanghai
Pack your luggage and complete check-out procedures after breakfast. Transfer to airport for Shanghai. Meet our local guide and transfer to hotel. ( B )
Day 11: Jade Buddha Temple Yuyuan Garden The Bund People's Square Old French Concession Area Acrobatic Show
Our sightseeing this morning is the Jade Buddha Temple and Yu Yuan Garden. After lunch, tour the Bund, Old French Concession Area, the White House and Pudong New Shanghai-The People's Square. Enjoy Acrobatic Show after dinner. ( B+L+D )
Day 12: Departure Q
You will be transferred to the airport for departure or at leisure.( B )
I don't like being taken to markets and tourist traps,will this itinerary be too "touristy" for me?
Usually go on my own but was trying to see what an organized tour would be like so I don't have to do all the work.
Any thought or ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 Silk Road Tour - China
- 6 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 7 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 10 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 13 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 14 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 15 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 16 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 17 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 18 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 19 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 20 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 21 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 24 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 25 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
I posted this to Vietnam incorrectly.