We can either travel to Greece or Japan in July and we are torn between the two. We have never been to any of the two countries and would like to see both some day but at this point we would like to visit the less expensive of the two. We have travelled in Europe quite a lot and have a pretty good idea about how much Greece is going to cost us. Based on preliminary research of hotels, it seems that Japan is less expensive, or, at least, not more expensive. Airfare is about the same. But I don't really have a good idea about how much other things, such as food, sightseeing etc. will cost. I know that Japan is very expensive but how does it compare to Europe right now? Any information is greatly appreciated.
Is Japan more expensive than Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 2 India adaptors
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 5 From Pushkar to delhi
- 6 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 7 Help re. Visa.
- 8 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 9 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 10 Bangkok and Manila
- 11 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 12 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 13 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 14 Visa
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 Gluten free in Japan?
- 17 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 18 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 19 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Need a guide in Burma?
- 22 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 25 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment