I will be spending 6 nights in Tokyo-3 on arrival, then an overnight in Nikko (if there isn't a lot of the shrines covered by scaffolding in Nov.) then a return to Tokyo for 3 nights before moving on. I can stay all 6 nights in Shinjuku, or the first 3 nights in Asakusa and the final 3 nights in Shinjuku. I will be visiting sites in Ueno and Asakusa the first 2 full days of my stay in Tokyo, and then leaving for Nikko on the tird day. That is why I booked the Asakusa hotel. But in retrospect I am wondering if it is worth switching hotels on our return from Nikko, or should we just stay in Shinjuku for all 6 nights and commute to Asakusa for 3 days. (The train to Nikko leaves from Asakusa station) Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Is it worth switching hotels in Tokyo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 2 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 5 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 9 Connaught Place
- 10 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 11 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 12 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 13 My SEA trip - photos update
- 14 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 15 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 16 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 17 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 18 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 19 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 20 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 21 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 22 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 23 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 24 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 25 1 week in Southeast Asia