I will be spending 6 nights in Tokyo-3 on arrival, then an overnight in Nikko (if there isn't a lot of the shrines covered by scaffolding in Nov.) then a return to Tokyo for 3 nights before moving on. I can stay all 6 nights in Shinjuku, or the first 3 nights in Asakusa and the final 3 nights in Shinjuku. I will be visiting sites in Ueno and Asakusa the first 2 full days of my stay in Tokyo, and then leaving for Nikko on the tird day. That is why I booked the Asakusa hotel. But in retrospect I am wondering if it is worth switching hotels on our return from Nikko, or should we just stay in Shinjuku for all 6 nights and commute to Asakusa for 3 days. (The train to Nikko leaves from Asakusa station) Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Is it worth switching hotels in Tokyo?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 2 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 3 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 4 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 5 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 6 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 7 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 8 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 9 1 week Philippines
- 10 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 11 Japan: best time to go?
- 12 Magical India
- 13 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 14 Travel Insurance
- 15 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 16 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 17 SALAY from BAGAN
- 18 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 19 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 20 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 21 cell phone in india
- 22 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 23 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 24 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 25 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)