I have never been to Japan and thinking of going in late September for 3 weeks (that's the most time I can get off work). My question is: is it easy to get around Japan independently? are there English signs in the train stations or is everything in Japanese? is it easy for me to do it DIY, once I have an idea on itinerary or is it best to book a tour group to get round the language barrier?
Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 2 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 3 November, March, June... Japan?
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 13 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 14 Silk Road Tour - China
- 15 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 16 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 19 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 20 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 21 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 22 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set