I have never been to Japan and thinking of going in late September for 3 weeks (that's the most time I can get off work). My question is: is it easy to get around Japan independently? are there English signs in the train stations or is everything in Japanese? is it easy for me to do it DIY, once I have an idea on itinerary or is it best to book a tour group to get round the language barrier?
Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 2 Rookies in Japan
- 3 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 4 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 5 Taiwan in 7 days
- 6 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 9 changing left over currency
- 10 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 11 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 12 Alternative to Koyasan
- 13 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 14 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 15 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 16 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 17 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 18 Itinerary feedback please
- 19 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 20 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 21 Tokyo hotel help
- 22 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 23 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 24 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 25 Impressions of India