I have never been to Japan and thinking of going in late September for 3 weeks (that's the most time I can get off work). My question is: is it easy to get around Japan independently? are there English signs in the train stations or is everything in Japanese? is it easy for me to do it DIY, once I have an idea on itinerary or is it best to book a tour group to get round the language barrier?
Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 2 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 3 Touring with Mentari Tour Jakarta
- 4 food has a different meaning for everyone
- 5 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 6 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 7 Tokyo daytrip
- 8 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 9 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 10 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 11 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 12 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 13 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 16 Japan GTG, early April
- 17 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 18 Bali - What to do?
- 19 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 20 Impressions of India
- 21 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 22 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 23 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 24 Taiwan confusion..
- 25 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?