I have never been to Japan and thinking of going in late September for 3 weeks (that's the most time I can get off work). My question is: is it easy to get around Japan independently? are there English signs in the train stations or is everything in Japanese? is it easy for me to do it DIY, once I have an idea on itinerary or is it best to book a tour group to get round the language barrier?
Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 2 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 3 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 4 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 5 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 6 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 7 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 8 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 9 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 10 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 11 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Sulawesi
- 14 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 15 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 16 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 17 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 18 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 19 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 20 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 21 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti
- 22 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 23 Armenia: A Wild Thyme
- 24 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 25 Bombs in Thailand