I have never been to Japan and thinking of going in late September for 3 weeks (that's the most time I can get off work). My question is: is it easy to get around Japan independently? are there English signs in the train stations or is everything in Japanese? is it easy for me to do it DIY, once I have an idea on itinerary or is it best to book a tour group to get round the language barrier?
Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
Is it easy to travel in Japan or book a tour group?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 2 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 3 Recommended - Book Halong Bay Cruise Vietnam - with Darian Culbert
- 4 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 5 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 6 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 7 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 8 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 9 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 10 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 13 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 14 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 15 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 16 Japan Itinerary for May
- 17 Thai island escape
- 18 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 19 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 22 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 South Korea 5 days
- 25 Japan -OAT tour