I have never been to Japan and thinking of going in late September for 3 weeks (that's the most time I can get off work). My question is: is it easy to get around Japan independently? are there English signs in the train stations or is everything in Japanese? is it easy for me to do it DIY, once I have an idea on itinerary or is it best to book a tour group to get round the language barrier?
Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
Is it easy to travel in Japan or book a tour group?
- 1 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 4 South East Asia
- 5 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 6 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 7 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 Anyone in Bangkok
- 10 Travel Insurance
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 13 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 14 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 15 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 19 1 week Philippines
- 20 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 21 Japan: best time to go?
- 22 Magical India
- 23 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 24 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 25 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!