I have never been to Japan and thinking of going in late September for 3 weeks (that's the most time I can get off work). My question is: is it easy to get around Japan independently? are there English signs in the train stations or is everything in Japanese? is it easy for me to do it DIY, once I have an idea on itinerary or is it best to book a tour group to get round the language barrier?
Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 2 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 5 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 9 Indonesia travel agent
- 10 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 11 A beach of choice on Samui
- 12 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 13 Bangkok Taxis
- 14 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 15 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 16 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 17 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 18 A month in central Asia
- 19 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 20 Something about... Malaysia
- 21 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 22 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 23 Osaka, aquarium?
- 24 favorite activities in krabi area
- 25 itinerary help for cambodia and laos