I was planing a trek to Everest Base Camp,but from what I have read is it worth the risk?I am 58,and somewhat fit .I need some input from someone who has had first hand experience and was a first time trekker at the time.What do you suggest do it or not? The altitude sickness has me worried. Thank you for your help.
Is Everest Base Trek worth the risk ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India - Himalaya - Dooars - naturebeyond and east himalaya travel agents
- 2 border crossing over land Bangkok to Myanmar (Phunaron)
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Which Beach in Koh Samui
- 5 Orphanages in Sri Lanka
- 6 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 7 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 8 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 9 China in 12 Days
- 10 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 11 language problem in japan
- 12 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 13 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 14 two free days in Beijing
- 15 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 16 April in Bangkok, again!
- 17 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 18 Japan - spending money?
- 19 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 20 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 21 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 22 1st Trip to Bali
- 23 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 24 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 25 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit