Hi Myanmar Experts,
I have a quick question about how to see in Inle Lake in Myanmar. Two friends and I will be going to Myanmar for 9D8N in December. We will have 2 half days and 1 full day there.
Our flight will arrive at Heho early in the morning, and I have arranged a airport pickup to take us to our hotel in Nyaungshwe for check-in and drop off our luggage. Then the same driver will take us to Kakku and on the way we'll pick up a guide. I think that's pretty much a full day, right?
The next day we want to go to Sankar. I understand it's a 2.5 to 3 hour boat ride each way. If we start early, say 6:30 in the morning, Is there enough time to do both Indien and Sarkar on the same day?
Our flight on the last day at Inle is at noon, so we'll have a couple of hours in the morning to exlore nearby.
Does this sound like a reasonable tour or is it too much? Also I also remember someone mentioned that the water level maybe too shallow to reach Sankar. Is December one of those months?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 6 Gutted!
- 7 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 8 5 weeks in Japan
- 9 My visit to Lao
- 10 My visit to Thailand
- 11 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 12 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 13 Family Trip to Japan
- 14 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 15 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 16 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 17 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 18 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 New Member
- 21 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 22 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 23 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 24 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 25 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
Hi Myanmar Experts,