I want to have a great adventure for my 60th birthday. I'm a woman considering a solo trip to Burma. I'd like to spend 3-4 weeks there. I would rather not go through a travel agency and I would also rather not have destinations planned in advance, except for my first and last night. I like the flexibility to change my potential itinerary and stay with locals. Can you tell me anything that would help me decide if Burma is what I'm looking for? Thanks very much - Wendy
Info for a solo trip to Burma (Myanmar)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 2 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 3 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 4 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 5 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 6 Help! Which to choose?
- 7 North Vietnam Again!
- 8 Castle & King
- 9 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 10 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 11 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 12 One week in Thailand
- 13 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 14 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 India and Nepal 2014
- 17 Independent female traveller
- 18 Tour company practices
- 19 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 20 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 21 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 22 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 23 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 24 Passport Safety
- 25 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)