I am new to this forum and any help and advice to my travel plans would be very much appreciated. I am planning to visit JAVA and SULAWESI (14 nights) sometime around April this year. My plan is, to fly from the UK to Java (most suitable Yogyakarta), stay in Yogyakarta for around 5-6 nights (Dusun Jogja Village Inn) to explore this area and visit the sights. I also really would like to go over to Sulawesi and visit Torajaland 4-5 nights - is this sufficient or does one need more time to visit Toraja ? Is there anything really really important I would miss in Java because so far I am only staying in Yogyakarta? My interest are Historical Sights/Nature/Wildlife/Culture/Foreign Food. ANY advice would be very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 2 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 3 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 4 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 5 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 6 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 7 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 8 Planning my Philippines trip
- 9 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 10 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 11 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 12 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 13 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 16 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 17 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 18 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 19 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 20 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 November, March, June... Japan?
- 23 Itinerary Help Japan
- 24 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 25 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha