I'm now starting my planning for an Asia trip early next year and have some questions on Indonesia. Most info including this site is all on Bali, which we have been to and will revisit, but I am more in need of ideas for Java. I have read some excellent trip reports from Kathie and will need to study them more closely.
I am hoping that Forum members may be able to provide some insight as to a reasonable itinerary ie. how many days for an overview of Java ? Is it an area that better lends itself to organized tours or the hiring of private driver/guide to travel between centers ? Is there a good place or beach for some R&R time ?
Our time frame is not tight, I was thinking about 7-10 days for Java and 7 for Bali.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 2 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 3 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 4 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 5 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 6 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 7 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 8 India - 2 Days only
- 9 Malaysian honeymoon
- 10 China with Collette Tours
- 11 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 13 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 15 Beach selection in Thailand
- 16 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 17 Burma river cruise
- 18 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 19 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 20 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 21 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 22 Travel during China national week?
- 23 My trip report from the Philippines
- 24 Exploring Thailand
- 25 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok