I'm now starting my planning for an Asia trip early next year and have some questions on Indonesia. Most info including this site is all on Bali, which we have been to and will revisit, but I am more in need of ideas for Java. I have read some excellent trip reports from Kathie and will need to study them more closely.
I am hoping that Forum members may be able to provide some insight as to a reasonable itinerary ie. how many days for an overview of Java ? Is it an area that better lends itself to organized tours or the hiring of private driver/guide to travel between centers ? Is there a good place or beach for some R&R time ?
Our time frame is not tight, I was thinking about 7-10 days for Java and 7 for Bali.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 2 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 3 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 4 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 5 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 6 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 7 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 8 Myanmar tour companies
- 9 Touristy Thailand
- 10 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 11 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 12 A Victory Day Tour
- 13 3 weeks in Japan
- 14 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 15 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 16 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 17 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 18 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 19 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 20 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 21 A first time for everything in Japan
- 22 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide
- 23 Outlet Adapter Plugs For Sri Lanka And India
- 24 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 25 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice