I'm a single mid-30s female traveler looking to take my first trip to India. I've traveled a lot by myself in Western countries; but this will be a significant step up in terms of challenge for solo travel.
I'm looking to have a trip that will wow me, get me out of my comfort zone(while still being fully safe) and letting me clear my head. I'm trying to see some of the main "first timer" sights, but limiting my destinations so that I have time to rest, see, and experience - not just check a list of places off my list.
I'm also trying to get a bet of serenity in - which is why I have 3 days in Udaipur - does this make sense - is there somewhere else along the way that I should take a side trip instead to get out of the hustle and bustle?
This would be late Feb/early March.
That said, how does this look:
1 Arrive Delhi; 1:30 am --Sleep Delhi
2 Tour New Delhi -Sleep Delhi
3 Tour Old Delhi -Sleep Delhi
4 6am train to Agra; visit Fort; Taj in evening -Sleep Agra
5 Early morning Taj; Drive to Jaipur - See Fatehpur Sikri along the way -Sleep Jaipur
6 Tour Jaipur; Visit Galta JI -Sleep Jaipur
7 Drive to Udaipur -Sleep Udaipur
8 Udaipur/Eklingi and Nagda -Sleep Udaipur
9 Udaipur -Sleep Udaipur
10 Fly to Delhi, during day; fly home evening
In Udaipur, I'm thinking of doing one of the following: 2 nights in the Taj Lake Palace (not sure I want to pay for a 3rd - potentially put that 3rd night somewhere else in the itinerary?)
OR 2 nights at Devi Garh and 1 night in Udaipur at a moderate hotel.
Any thoughts on which of these is a better idea? I like luxury and rest - but since I'll be alone - is one of these better for a solo traveler?
I'd love to do a bit of yoga/meditation. Is there somewhere along this itinerary that would be a good add for this? Or a specific ashram/practice area to visit?
Am I fool to not visit Varanasi?
Any solo women travelers who have recommendations on a travel agent who made you feel very safe and taken care of?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 2 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 3 Georgia (country) Trip Report
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 7 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 8 New Years in Japan
- 9 A Victory Day Tour
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 India visa for new passport
- 12 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 13 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 14 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 15 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 16 Serendipity Srilanka
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 New Thai Visa
- 19 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 20 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 21 Sri Lanka in December
- 22 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 23 january 31 in colombo
- 24 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 25 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang