I'm a single mid-30s female traveler looking to take my first trip to India. I've traveled a lot by myself in Western countries; but this will be a significant step up in terms of challenge for solo travel.
I'm looking to have a trip that will wow me, get me out of my comfort zone(while still being fully safe) and letting me clear my head. I'm trying to see some of the main "first timer" sights, but limiting my destinations so that I have time to rest, see, and experience - not just check a list of places off my list.
I'm also trying to get a bet of serenity in - which is why I have 3 days in Udaipur - does this make sense - is there somewhere else along the way that I should take a side trip instead to get out of the hustle and bustle?
This would be late Feb/early March.
That said, how does this look:
1 Arrive Delhi; 1:30 am --Sleep Delhi
2 Tour New Delhi -Sleep Delhi
3 Tour Old Delhi -Sleep Delhi
4 6am train to Agra; visit Fort; Taj in evening -Sleep Agra
5 Early morning Taj; Drive to Jaipur - See Fatehpur Sikri along the way -Sleep Jaipur
6 Tour Jaipur; Visit Galta JI -Sleep Jaipur
7 Drive to Udaipur -Sleep Udaipur
8 Udaipur/Eklingi and Nagda -Sleep Udaipur
9 Udaipur -Sleep Udaipur
10 Fly to Delhi, during day; fly home evening
In Udaipur, I'm thinking of doing one of the following: 2 nights in the Taj Lake Palace (not sure I want to pay for a 3rd - potentially put that 3rd night somewhere else in the itinerary?)
OR 2 nights at Devi Garh and 1 night in Udaipur at a moderate hotel.
Any thoughts on which of these is a better idea? I like luxury and rest - but since I'll be alone - is one of these better for a solo traveler?
I'd love to do a bit of yoga/meditation. Is there somewhere along this itinerary that would be a good add for this? Or a specific ashram/practice area to visit?
Am I fool to not visit Varanasi?
Any solo women travelers who have recommendations on a travel agent who made you feel very safe and taken care of?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Brief trip to Rajasthan, feasability
- 2 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 3 Hoi An in December?
- 4 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 5 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 6 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 7 Bali airport transportation
- 8 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 9 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 10 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 11 Passport for Indonesia
- 12 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 13 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 14 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 Is this crazy?
- 17 Dollar traveller cheques
- 18 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 19 India help with where to go
- 20 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 21 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 22 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 23 Halong Bay cruise
- 24 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 25 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra