Just beginning to look at traveling to China next fall...and an article I've saved from CondeNast Traverler (2008?) "Iconic Itineraries: 12 perfect days in Classic China" extols the virtues of booking through Abercrobie & Kent's Hong Kong Ofc, specifically with Gerald Hatherly. I really like the sounds of this itinerary and wonder if anyone has booked through him or A & K's Hong Kong office. We really would prefer to travel independently, but I also don't want the hassles of trying to do this myself this time. I had originally thought of booking through one of the companies (Viking, Uniworld) who combine a Yangtze river cruise with a land tour, but now I"m reading that a river cruise is kind of a waste of time and not that great. We really hate bus tour groups so are reluctant to be part of one. I originally thought it was unavoidable, if we're on a river tour. All you China experts, please chime in! Thanks in advance.
"Independent" Travel w/ Abercrombie & Kent: Hong Kong ofc?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 2 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 3 Japan, japan
- 4 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 5 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 6 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Hong Kong restaurants
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 11 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 12 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 13 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 14 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 15 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 16 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 17 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 18 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 19 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 20 How safe is Delhi/India
- 21 Malaria
- 22 Vietnam and coffee
- 23 I'm going to Japan!
- 24 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 25 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!