Just beginning to look at traveling to China next fall...and an article I've saved from CondeNast Traverler (2008?) "Iconic Itineraries: 12 perfect days in Classic China" extols the virtues of booking through Abercrobie & Kent's Hong Kong Ofc, specifically with Gerald Hatherly. I really like the sounds of this itinerary and wonder if anyone has booked through him or A & K's Hong Kong office. We really would prefer to travel independently, but I also don't want the hassles of trying to do this myself this time. I had originally thought of booking through one of the companies (Viking, Uniworld) who combine a Yangtze river cruise with a land tour, but now I"m reading that a river cruise is kind of a waste of time and not that great. We really hate bus tour groups so are reluctant to be part of one. I originally thought it was unavoidable, if we're on a river tour. All you China experts, please chime in! Thanks in advance.
"Independent" Travel w/ Abercrombie & Kent: Hong Kong ofc?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 3 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 4 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 5 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 6 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 7 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 8 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 9 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 10 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 11 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 12 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 13 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 14 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 15 hokkaido outskirts
- 16 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 17 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 18 July itinerary in Japan
- 19 India and Nepal 2014
- 20 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 21 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 22 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 23 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 24 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 25 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April