Just beginning to look at traveling to China next fall...and an article I've saved from CondeNast Traverler (2008?) "Iconic Itineraries: 12 perfect days in Classic China" extols the virtues of booking through Abercrobie & Kent's Hong Kong Ofc, specifically with Gerald Hatherly. I really like the sounds of this itinerary and wonder if anyone has booked through him or A & K's Hong Kong office. We really would prefer to travel independently, but I also don't want the hassles of trying to do this myself this time. I had originally thought of booking through one of the companies (Viking, Uniworld) who combine a Yangtze river cruise with a land tour, but now I"m reading that a river cruise is kind of a waste of time and not that great. We really hate bus tour groups so are reluctant to be part of one. I originally thought it was unavoidable, if we're on a river tour. All you China experts, please chime in! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 2 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 3 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 4 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 5 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 6 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 7 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 10 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 11 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 12 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 15 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 16 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 19 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 20 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 21 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 22 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 23 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 24 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 25 Hanoi Hotel
"Independent" Travel w/ Abercrombie & Kent: Hong Kong ofc?