Just beginning to look at traveling to China next fall...and an article I've saved from CondeNast Traverler (2008?) "Iconic Itineraries: 12 perfect days in Classic China" extols the virtues of booking through Abercrobie & Kent's Hong Kong Ofc, specifically with Gerald Hatherly. I really like the sounds of this itinerary and wonder if anyone has booked through him or A & K's Hong Kong office. We really would prefer to travel independently, but I also don't want the hassles of trying to do this myself this time. I had originally thought of booking through one of the companies (Viking, Uniworld) who combine a Yangtze river cruise with a land tour, but now I"m reading that a river cruise is kind of a waste of time and not that great. We really hate bus tour groups so are reluctant to be part of one. I originally thought it was unavoidable, if we're on a river tour. All you China experts, please chime in! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertsupplement.com/strongmen-male-enhancement/
- 2 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 3 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 4 Best and lightest surge protector....suggestions?
- 5 Magical India
- 6 India itinerary critique please
- 7 Japan Itinerary!
- 8 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 9 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 12 Vientiane and ??
- 13 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 14 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 15 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 16 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 17 Himachal Pradesh
- 18 Luggage size China ?
- 19 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 20 Thai Elephants
- 21 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 22 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK
"Independent" Travel w/ Abercrombie & Kent: Hong Kong ofc?