We in our early 60s are planning a trip to Delhi in November for 3 weeks. We are a little nervous but this is our big chance. We would like to have control of our day to day routine and therefore would prefer to be independent. If we plan to travel by train to Rajasthan, perhaps include the Pushkar Camel Fair, then to Varanasi and Bodh Gaya , use hotel shuttles and local taxis of various types and book hotels over the internet...where could we go wrong? I know many people use agents to book drivers and tours but we are reluctant to hand it all over... Is there anyone who has tried this sort of thing ?
independent travel in India
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 3 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 4 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 5 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Magical India
- 8 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 9 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 10 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 South East Asia
- 13 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 14 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 15 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 16 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 17 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 18 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 19 Indian Visa
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 22 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 23 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 24 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 25 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?