We in our early 60s are planning a trip to Delhi in November for 3 weeks. We are a little nervous but this is our big chance. We would like to have control of our day to day routine and therefore would prefer to be independent. If we plan to travel by train to Rajasthan, perhaps include the Pushkar Camel Fair, then to Varanasi and Bodh Gaya , use hotel shuttles and local taxis of various types and book hotels over the internet...where could we go wrong? I know many people use agents to book drivers and tours but we are reluctant to hand it all over... Is there anyone who has tried this sort of thing ?
independent travel in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 2 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 3 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 4 Great Tour to Rajasthan / North India with private driver
- 5 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 6 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 7 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 Thai island escape
- 10 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 11 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 12 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 13 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 14 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 15 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 16 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 17 South Korea 5 days
- 18 Japan -OAT tour
- 19 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 20 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 23 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 24 General question
- 25 Train Travel During Golden Week