We in our early 60s are planning a trip to Delhi in November for 3 weeks. We are a little nervous but this is our big chance. We would like to have control of our day to day routine and therefore would prefer to be independent. If we plan to travel by train to Rajasthan, perhaps include the Pushkar Camel Fair, then to Varanasi and Bodh Gaya , use hotel shuttles and local taxis of various types and book hotels over the internet...where could we go wrong? I know many people use agents to book drivers and tours but we are reluctant to hand it all over... Is there anyone who has tried this sort of thing ?
independent travel in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 5 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 6 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 7 My SEA trip - photos update
- 8 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 9 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 10 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 11 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 12 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 13 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 14 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 15 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 16 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 17 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass
- 18 visiting Edu castle on 1/2/15
- 19 Are teens dressed in costumes in Harajuku on days other than Sunday?
- 20 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 21 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 22 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 23 Ao Nang-Phi Phi and Phi Phi-Phuket
- 24 RTP Spokesman: Tourists DO NOT Need To Carry Passports
- 25 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips