We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China in 12 Days
- 2 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 3 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 4 language problem in japan
- 5 Nepal
- 6 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 7 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 8 two free days in Beijing
- 9 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 10 April in Bangkok, again!
- 11 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 12 Japan - spending money?
- 13 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 14 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 15 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 16 1st Trip to Bali
- 17 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 18 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 19 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 20 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 21 water villages, shanghai
- 22 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 23 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 24 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 25 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help