We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 2 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 3 July itinerary in Japan
- 4 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 6 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 7 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 8 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 9 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 10 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 11 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 12 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 13 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 14 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 15 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 16 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 17 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 18 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 19 Myanmar - some questions
- 20 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 21 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 22 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 23 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 24 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 25 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen