We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 2 Japan night bus
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 5 Living in Singapore Questions
- 6 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 7 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 8 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 9 April in Bangkok, again!
- 10 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 11 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 12 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 13 Problems at 12,000'
- 14 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 15 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 16 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 17 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 18 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 19 Which Putu in Bali????
- 20 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 21 Japan, japan
- 22 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 23 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 24 Hong Kong restaurants
- 25 Hotels in Hong Kong