We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok and Manila
- 2 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 3 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 4 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 5 Help re. Visa.
- 6 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 7 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 8 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 9 Visa
- 10 Gluten free in Japan?
- 11 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 12 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 13 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 14 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 15 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 18 Need a guide in Burma?
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 21 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 22 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 25 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?