We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 2 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 3 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 4 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 5 Touristic places in India you wouldn't like to visit
- 6 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 7 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 8 meeting at beijing airport
- 9 One week in Tokyo
- 10 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 11 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 12 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 14 Hotel in Singapore
- 15 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 16 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 17 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 18 Bali - January 2015
- 19 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 20 Visa Cambodia
- 21 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 22 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 23 Two questions about Thailand
- 24 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan
- 25 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?