We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 5 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 6 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 7 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 8 What I like about Mumbai
- 9 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 10 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 11 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 12 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 13 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 14 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 15 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 16 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 17 Connaught Place
- 18 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 19 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 20 Nepal- recipe?
- 21 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 22 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 23 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 24 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 25 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!