We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 2 Malaysia travel route help!
- 3 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 4 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 5 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 6 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 7 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 8 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 9 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 10 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 11 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 12 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 13 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 14 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 15 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 16 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 17 best dining in Kyoto
- 18 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 19 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 20 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 21 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 22 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 23 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 24 2-3 days in Georgia
- 25 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?