We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 Destination Bangkok, again
- 3 Phuket
- 4 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 5 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 6 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 7 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 8 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 9 India, What Can I Say!
- 10 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 11 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 12 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 13 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 16 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 17 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 18 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 19 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 20 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 21 Angkor - when to go?
- 22 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 23 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 24 India with 4 kids
- 25 And there goes the neighborhood........