We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 2 India
- 3 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 4 Bali Question
- 5 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 6 Vietnam - Questions
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 8 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 9 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 10 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 11 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 12 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 15 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 16 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 17 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 18 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 19 Osaka shopping
- 20 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 21 Takayama ideas in April?
- 22 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 23 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 24 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 25 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review