We are headed to Vietnam in late October and are wondering if anyone has visited the bamboo forests in the north. I believe there are production areas around Cho Don near Ba Be National Park. There is also an area around Cho Don, more south of Hanoi and west of Ninh Binh. With the emphasis on bamboo forest, has anyone traveled to either of these places? Is there a recommendation for a car and driver out of Hanoi? Thanks for your help.
In search of bamboo forests
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 2 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 3 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 5 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 6 help with itinerary!
- 7 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 8 Having doubts with China
- 9 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 10 Christmas Time in India
- 11 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 12 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 13 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 14 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 15 Myanmar podcast
- 16 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 17 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 18 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 19 Burma with a toddler
- 20 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 21 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 22 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 23 Bali wedding in villa
- 24 beaches in Thailand
- 25 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?