I think this year I'll be visiting Burma, before it potentially get touristy. I have been to Thailand and Vietnam before but back then, I just tried to follow the mainstream path and covered all highlights of the country.
But this time, I want to do something different. This time in Burma, I want to go to less-visited places. In other words, I wish to discover some underrated destinations. After one week of reading, the Big4: Yangon - Bagan - Inle Lake - Mandalay appears to be the skeleton of traveler's itinerary. Well, except for Mandalay, I guess a good number of people are trying to avoid it and I don't know the reason why.
Anyway, reading about Shan State was quite inspiring. I think I will focus on this area during my trip. So, just a draft itinerary of my own, but I will need lots of comments from other members. I will thank in advance!
Inle Lake 2N
Kengtung 4N (I guess this could be the highlight of my trip but am also questioning about how to get in and out and if there's any special requirements)
Fly back to Heho then Yangon and spend 3N at the city.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 SILK BLANKETS: BEIJING or SHANGHAI
- 2 November Itinerary Check
- 3 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 4 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 5 Travel within Japan
- 6 Family Trip to India late May/early June
- 7 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 8 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 9 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 10 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 11 Hotel Chang Mai
- 12 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 13 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 14 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 15 Thailand
- 16 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 17 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 18 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 19 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 20 Hotel in Hanoi
- 21 India help needed
- 22 Beach hotel Thailand
- 23 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 24 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 25 Sim cards and adaptors