I think this year I'll be visiting Burma, before it potentially get touristy. I have been to Thailand and Vietnam before but back then, I just tried to follow the mainstream path and covered all highlights of the country.
But this time, I want to do something different. This time in Burma, I want to go to less-visited places. In other words, I wish to discover some underrated destinations. After one week of reading, the Big4: Yangon - Bagan - Inle Lake - Mandalay appears to be the skeleton of traveler's itinerary. Well, except for Mandalay, I guess a good number of people are trying to avoid it and I don't know the reason why.
Anyway, reading about Shan State was quite inspiring. I think I will focus on this area during my trip. So, just a draft itinerary of my own, but I will need lots of comments from other members. I will thank in advance!
Inle Lake 2N
Kengtung 4N (I guess this could be the highlight of my trip but am also questioning about how to get in and out and if there's any special requirements)
Fly back to Heho then Yangon and spend 3N at the city.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 2 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 Spring in Armenia
- 6 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 7 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 8 Private tours in Northern India
- 9 a month in india
- 10 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 11 Free tour in Hanoi with nice local students
- 12 Antiquariat Jaipur | Antique Jewelry Fine Art Company In India
- 13 changing left over currency
- 14 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 15 Alternative to Koyasan
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 18 Thing to do in yogyakarta indonesia
- 19 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 20 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 21 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 22 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 23 Tokyo hotel help
- 24 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 25 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing