I think this year I'll be visiting Burma, before it potentially get touristy. I have been to Thailand and Vietnam before but back then, I just tried to follow the mainstream path and covered all highlights of the country.
But this time, I want to do something different. This time in Burma, I want to go to less-visited places. In other words, I wish to discover some underrated destinations. After one week of reading, the Big4: Yangon - Bagan - Inle Lake - Mandalay appears to be the skeleton of traveler's itinerary. Well, except for Mandalay, I guess a good number of people are trying to avoid it and I don't know the reason why.
Anyway, reading about Shan State was quite inspiring. I think I will focus on this area during my trip. So, just a draft itinerary of my own, but I will need lots of comments from other members. I will thank in advance!
Inle Lake 2N
Kengtung 4N (I guess this could be the highlight of my trip but am also questioning about how to get in and out and if there's any special requirements)
Fly back to Heho then Yangon and spend 3N at the city.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208 AOL Tec@h SUPPORT
- 2 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 5 Budget Servied Apt
- 6 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 7 Terracotta Warriors
- 8 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 9 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 10 hiking japan sept
- 11 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 12 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 13 The best way to My Son
- 14 Japan Itinerary!
- 15 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 16 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 17 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 18 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 19 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 20 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 21 Japan rough itinerary
- 22 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 23 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 24 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 25 shanghai for 4 days