My husband and I are thinking of taking a 10 trip to somewhere in Asia from NZ over Easter (2014). We are in our 20s, have travelled in Asia before and would prefer to travel somewhere we haven’t been before, which takes out Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. We have been considering Taiwan and Hong Kong, but are very open to other suggestions. We have also thought about the Philippines, but have heard that Easter is not a very good time to visit there due to crowds and inflated prices. We definitely want an ‘experience’ rather than just going to lie on a beach somewhere, but are happy to consider a wide range of holiday types. I do enjoy my basic comforts though! We are also looking for somewhere on the cheaper side, which will probably exclude Japan. It needs to be somewhere easily accessible from New Zealand, so nowhere too remote where just getting there will eat up half the holiday, but we’re happy to travel once or twice once we get there, as long as the trips are short.
Look forward to hearing some suggestions!
Ideas for 10 days in Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 2 Travel to Golden triangle for Unforgettable Holidaying Experience
- 3 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 4 Proposal for extending Russia visa to Vietnam
- 5 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 6 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 7 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 8 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 9 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 10 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 11 China - Personal recommendations
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 13 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 14 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 15 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 16 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 17 Burma river cruise
- 18 china
- 19 Driving in Laos
- 20 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 21 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 22 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 23 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 24 Translation Help: Marathi
- 25 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES