My husband and I are thinking of taking a 10 trip to somewhere in Asia from NZ over Easter (2014). We are in our 20s, have travelled in Asia before and would prefer to travel somewhere we haven’t been before, which takes out Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. We have been considering Taiwan and Hong Kong, but are very open to other suggestions. We have also thought about the Philippines, but have heard that Easter is not a very good time to visit there due to crowds and inflated prices. We definitely want an ‘experience’ rather than just going to lie on a beach somewhere, but are happy to consider a wide range of holiday types. I do enjoy my basic comforts though! We are also looking for somewhere on the cheaper side, which will probably exclude Japan. It needs to be somewhere easily accessible from New Zealand, so nowhere too remote where just getting there will eat up half the holiday, but we’re happy to travel once or twice once we get there, as long as the trips are short.
Look forward to hearing some suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 2 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 3 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 4 Hong Kong - help please.
- 5 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 6 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 7 Eating in India
- 8 Trekking in India
- 9 Where best to stay in Penang
- 10 Vietnam - September 2015
- 11 Hotel in Hanoi
- 12 17-Day Itinerary
- 13 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 14 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 15 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 16 Need Help for the itinerary
- 17 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 18 India On Arrival Visa
- 19 vietnam transportation
- 20 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 21 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 22 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 23 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 24 12 days in Japan
- 25 Qatar airlines to mumbai