My husband and I are thinking of taking a 10 trip to somewhere in Asia from NZ over Easter (2014). We are in our 20s, have travelled in Asia before and would prefer to travel somewhere we haven’t been before, which takes out Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. We have been considering Taiwan and Hong Kong, but are very open to other suggestions. We have also thought about the Philippines, but have heard that Easter is not a very good time to visit there due to crowds and inflated prices. We definitely want an ‘experience’ rather than just going to lie on a beach somewhere, but are happy to consider a wide range of holiday types. I do enjoy my basic comforts though! We are also looking for somewhere on the cheaper side, which will probably exclude Japan. It needs to be somewhere easily accessible from New Zealand, so nowhere too remote where just getting there will eat up half the holiday, but we’re happy to travel once or twice once we get there, as long as the trips are short.
Look forward to hearing some suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Lodge in Borneo
- 4 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 5 China and Japan help
- 6 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 7 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 8 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 9 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 10 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 11 5 weeks in Japan
- 12 Requesting Passport Number
- 13 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 14 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 15 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 16 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 17 Phu Quoc
- 18 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 19 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 20 Help! India Visa question....
- 21 Singapore hotel
- 22 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 23 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 24 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 25 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II