My husband and I are thinking of taking a 10 trip to somewhere in Asia from NZ over Easter (2014). We are in our 20s, have travelled in Asia before and would prefer to travel somewhere we haven’t been before, which takes out Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. We have been considering Taiwan and Hong Kong, but are very open to other suggestions. We have also thought about the Philippines, but have heard that Easter is not a very good time to visit there due to crowds and inflated prices. We definitely want an ‘experience’ rather than just going to lie on a beach somewhere, but are happy to consider a wide range of holiday types. I do enjoy my basic comforts though! We are also looking for somewhere on the cheaper side, which will probably exclude Japan. It needs to be somewhere easily accessible from New Zealand, so nowhere too remote where just getting there will eat up half the holiday, but we’re happy to travel once or twice once we get there, as long as the trips are short.
Look forward to hearing some suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 2 5 days Japan
- 3 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 4 Castle & King tour questions
- 5 A train ride through Java
- 6 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 7 My First India Trip
- 8 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 9 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 12 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 13 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 14 JAPANiCAN.com
- 15 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 16 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 17 2+3 days in Hong Kong - help w. planning
- 18 Bicycle riding required?
- 19 hanoi eats
- 20 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 21 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 22 Malaysia travel route help!
- 23 3 weeks itinerary China
- 24 Just back from Sabah, Borneo -- Trip report!!!
- 25 Yangon Made Easy