My husband and I are thinking of taking a 10 trip to somewhere in Asia from NZ over Easter (2014). We are in our 20s, have travelled in Asia before and would prefer to travel somewhere we haven’t been before, which takes out Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. We have been considering Taiwan and Hong Kong, but are very open to other suggestions. We have also thought about the Philippines, but have heard that Easter is not a very good time to visit there due to crowds and inflated prices. We definitely want an ‘experience’ rather than just going to lie on a beach somewhere, but are happy to consider a wide range of holiday types. I do enjoy my basic comforts though! We are also looking for somewhere on the cheaper side, which will probably exclude Japan. It needs to be somewhere easily accessible from New Zealand, so nowhere too remote where just getting there will eat up half the holiday, but we’re happy to travel once or twice once we get there, as long as the trips are short.
Look forward to hearing some suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 2 Visa Application Form
- 3 Japanese Alps
- 4 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 5 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 6 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 7 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 8 Hotel in Langkawi
- 9 One month in Java and Bali
- 10 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 11 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 12 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 13 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 14 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 15 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 16 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 17 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 18 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 19 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 20 Langkawi
- 21 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 22 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 23 Safety of KKH
- 24 SE Asia Mid October
- 25 Honeymoon - Advice Needed