My husband and I are thinking of taking a 10 trip to somewhere in Asia from NZ over Easter (2014). We are in our 20s, have travelled in Asia before and would prefer to travel somewhere we haven’t been before, which takes out Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. We have been considering Taiwan and Hong Kong, but are very open to other suggestions. We have also thought about the Philippines, but have heard that Easter is not a very good time to visit there due to crowds and inflated prices. We definitely want an ‘experience’ rather than just going to lie on a beach somewhere, but are happy to consider a wide range of holiday types. I do enjoy my basic comforts though! We are also looking for somewhere on the cheaper side, which will probably exclude Japan. It needs to be somewhere easily accessible from New Zealand, so nowhere too remote where just getting there will eat up half the holiday, but we’re happy to travel once or twice once we get there, as long as the trips are short.
Look forward to hearing some suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 2 Vaccinations
- 3 Chengdu and Beijing
- 4 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 5 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 6 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 7 Southern India here we come
- 8 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 9 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 10 2 months in Indonesia
- 11 Bridge players Beware!!
- 12 a year in burma
- 13 First time to SEA
- 14 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 15 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 16 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 17 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 18 Seoul Searching Questions
- 19 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 20 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 21 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 22 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 23 I miss Mongolia
- 24 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 25 Visa on Arrival