if you will be going to Kathmandu I suggest the Nirvana Garden Hotel in Thamel. They can be contacted thru email (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is a great hotel set back from the main street. The people are very sweet and accommodating. A double is around $45-50 per night. Also if you are looking for a unique nice place to eat and shop try Barber Mahal (Revisisted). It is the best of the best in Kathmandu. Simply Shutters is a fabulous place to eat. Barber Mahal is an old royal stable that has been converted into a shopping complex. Ask your hotel about it.
I have info on Nepal
- 1 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 2 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 3 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 4 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 5 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 6 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 7 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 8 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 9 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 10 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 11 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 12 where to go in SE Asia
- 13 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 14 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 15 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 16 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 17 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 18 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 19 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 20 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 21 Sri Lanka
- 22 Suggestion for Bali
- 23 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 24 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 25 Hello, Vietnam